Healthcare Tech Rep SupervisorSCS - DULUTH - MERCK Primary Location: DULUTH, GA - United States Facility SCS - DULUTH - MERCK Job ID 197059 Zip Code 30097
The Senior User Rep Supervisor provides support and enhancements to existing and new operations systems to ensure projects are aligned with the corporate strategy. He/She gathers business requirements, initiates feasibility studies, and maintains data for the project's life cycle. This position serves as liaison between stakeholders, software engineers, and software users.
The Senior User Rep Supervisor conducts project feasibility studies. He/She develops business requirements for new functionality. This position conducts user acceptance testing. The Global FUR Supervisor provides end user project support and responds to ad hoc requests.
- Develops business cases to ensure projects are aligned with UPS's corporate strategy.
- Performs cost benefit analyses to ensure effective use of UPS resources and maximum return-on-investment.
- Conducts survey meetings with end users to clarify business requests and determine project cost.
- Runs test scripts to ensure applications meet end users' needs.
- Attends stakeholders’ status meetings to provide application progress reports.
- Maintains application documentation to ensure user guides are current and user-friendly.
- Confers with requestors and Information Systems (IS) to ensure project scope is clearly defined.
- Creates functional design requirements to define how the application will perform.
- Review request and confers with cross functional teams to prevent application redundancy and ensure the project aligns with business needs.
- Designs/Develops Integrated Solutions to Business Problems: Demonstrates a basic understanding of a business problem; recommends a solution to solve the business problem.
- Incident Investigation: Describes types of incidents; demonstrates basic knowledge of requirements for initiating an investigation of incidents; describes the procedures followed for investigating incidents.
- Solicits and Gathers Information: Demonstrates a working knowledge of techniques for soliciting and gathering information; identifies appropriate sources of information.
- Technology Knowledge: Demonstrates a general understanding of technology used by the company; communicates basic technological concepts and terminology; applies standard technology in daily work.
- Work Methods, Processes, Flows Analysis: Identifies routine work methods/processes/flows to analyze; describes in general terms, process capability studies; describes the basic steps in analysis of data related to people, technology, or information.
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools - Required
- Experience using BOSS and related systems for small package and/or freight processing - Required
- Experience gathering and defining business requirements for IT projects - Preferred
- Experience testing system enhancements - Preferred
- The desired Senior User Representative will possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathemetics, Business or related field or the equivalet of education and work experience.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.