Prevention Advisor (M/F)
Prevention Advisor at UPS
Are you ready to foster a world class safety culture, no matter what?
As a Health and Safety (H&S) Specialist you are responsible for supporting operations and the safety committee with plans and activities to eliminate auto accidents and employee injuries. This varies from health and safety compliance tracking and investigations to follow up and implementation of health and safety measures.
What you’ll do
- Support UPS regulatory safety compliance, conducts compliance tracking and maintains audit readiness by regulatory standards and works closely with the safety committee to address employees on improvement needs.
- Support the Committee for Prevention and Protection at Work (CPPW) to identify and propose means to promote the well-being of employees in the performance of their work.
- Follow up and implementation of all legally established tasks as defined by the CPPW and the Codex on well-being at work.
- Conduct health and safety audits and on-area auto/injury investigations to identify areas of deficiency and report on compliance. And Conduct on-area worksite analyses of factors leading to injuries to identify root causes.
- Provide health and safety training on safety topics (e.g., Injured Employee Process, HABITS, Space and Visibility etc.) and gathers and distributes training and pre-course materials to educate and make employees aware on proper safety processes, procedures and habits.
- Maintain regular contacts with managers, operational teams and social partners on health and safety.
What you’ll get
- A competitive salary.
- 36 leave days, based on a full-time position (and adding one day at each five-year anniversary period).
- Benefits including holiday allowance,13th cheque, travel allowance, company pension scheme, collective health insurance and other insurance benefits.
- Phone/laptop (if needed), bicycle scheme and discount on your gym membership.
- Professional training to help you become even better at your job.
- Plenty of opportunities to progress and grow thanks to our 'promotion from within policy'.
What you’ll need
As well as having at least 2 years of experience as a prevention advisor within an internal or external service, you have a prevention advisor diploma level 1 (2 years training: 120 general hours + 280 hours of specialization).
You are level 2, or 3 and wish to go to the next level, UPS will cover your registration fees for the certification.
You’ll have to be fluent in French and English. You speak a little bit of Dutch and you are not yet fluent. UPS will provide language classes in order you can improve rapidly.
Not only will you have experience with rules, regulations and procedures, you’ll be used to encouraging your team to comply with them. That requires an impressive talent for people and communication. And your raw organizational abilities will be backed up by solid MS Office skills.
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
How we recruit
At UPS, we treat people fairly. We select, recruit, train, promote, and compensate based on merit, experience, and other work-related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Is Future You ready and excited for this challenge? Apply now for this position at UPS!Apply Now