Return To Vendor ManagerPrimary Location: Derby, England - United Kingdom Job ID 054129 Zip Code DE24 ONB
This position will report directly to the Branch Manager and will be directly responsible for the performance and success of a new Return To Vendor contract.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and achievement of the agreed performance levels as maintained within the contract, achieve the financial goals as listed in the UPS financial plan in conjunction with the contract.
You will be required to recruit, train and develop key personnel within your area of responsibility, this will include you managing, coaching, providing direction and motivation when required to enable you and the team to achieve successful results in key areas such as overall quality, compliance with contractual, health and safety, legal, statutory and UPS procedures.
This position will require applicants who are able to demonstrate competencies in operational, personnel and customer management.
• Plan and manage the physical operations as required by the Amazon/UPS contract.
• Identify and deploy measures which increase local productivity, quality and consolidation opportunity
• Manage the review process with the Branch Manager; ensure the publication of agreed performance statistics and promulgation of key information.
• Implement Company Policy as directed by the business
• Ensure the contract complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
• Ensure the contract achieves budget, i.e. revenue, costs and contribution.
• Produce monthly financial forecasts as requested.
• Prepare annual budget for the contract
• Ensure client invoices are maintained and non-contractual work is agreed in advance of invoice.
• Take responsibility for Human Resources, Health and Safety and Quality issues in the warehouse facility.
• Manage, motivate, train and develop the employees operating within the contract.
• Through the use of the company appraisal/management performance system, training and two-way communication endeavor to maintain the highest level of productivity, staff morale and labour relations.
• Responsible for supplying the personal department with all details of new employees and leavers together with any changes to personal details on existing staff. Maintain and monitor annual leave requests and records for all staff and provide details of sickness to the personnel department as requested.
• Conduct regular staff appraisals and propose individual percentages for annual merit/performance salary increases when applicable. Make recommendations for staff training.
• Ensure all actions with regard to the employment and termination of staff comply with applicable legislation, coordinating with the HR department as necessary.
• Additional projects as identified by the Branch or General Manager.
• Competitive Salary
• Excellent benefits package including, bonus, company pension, private medical insurance, holiday pay, discounts at major retailers (e.g. Apple, cinemas) and attractions (e.g. Alton Towers, The London Eye) and many more
• Full industry leading training
• UPS operates a ‘promotion from within policy’ with all our employees having the opportunity to progress within the Company.
• Experienced in warehousing and transportation
• Benchmark 3 years management experience within a dynamic, pressured logistics operation (either branch or contract management)
• Experienced in managing time-definite operations with accompanying KPIs
• Excellent Client Management skills
• People management and development skills
• Effective communication skills
• Effective presentation skills
• Commercial awareness and product/industry knowledge
• Highly organized with a systematic approach to problem solving
• PC Literate, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point,
• Strategic thinker
• Leader but also Team Player
• Pro-active in outlook
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
How we recruit:
At UPS, equal opportunities, fair treatment and an inclusive workplace environment are of utmost importance. We are committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work–related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.