Export Customs AdministratorPrimary Location: Derby, England - United Kingdom Job ID 055756 Zip Code DE74 2TG
Export Customs Administrator
Temporary 6 month contracts
We are UPS, the world's largest package delivery company. We are looking for people to work at our East Midlands Airport facility as a Full time Export Customs Administrator working Monday – Friday / 5pm - 1am (incl. 30 min lunch break).
We need PC literate people with a high attention to detail to join our growing Export department. You will be responsible for the validation of data on packages for export from GB, organising customs clearance, possibly contacting shippers for clearance instructions, and rating Export shipments. In addition to these tasks completion of various management reports may be required.
• Located at the Building 106 Beverley Road at East Midland Airport
- £10.87 per hour / £21,196.50 per annum - pro rata
• Excellent benefits package including Company pension, holiday pay, discounts at major retailers (e.g. Apple, cinemas) and attractions (e.g. Alton Towers, The London Eye) and many more
• Full industry leading training
• You will be employed directly by UPS and not through an agency
• Business Casual dress and free on-site parking
• UPS operates a ‘promotion from within policy’ with all our employees having the opportunity to progress within the Company.
• You have excellent communication skills preferable gained whilst working in a customer service role
• You have a professional telephone manner
• You are a good team player.
• You are flexible, friendly and have a can-do attitude.
• You have the ability to work on own initiative.
• You have good keyboard skills and a keen eye for detail
• You are comfortable working in a fast paced environment with an ability to deal with volume pressures in your workload
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
Please note if your application is successful a 5 year referencing check will be carried out, which will need to be obtained by UPS prior to start date.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.