Automotive Fleet Supervisor HalifaxPrimary Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia - CA Job ID 056944 Zip Code B3B 1N9
As Automotive Supervisor, you are responsible for ensuring that all equipment is maintained in a safe and cost-effective manner, administering policies of United Parcel Service and working with UPS partners in the selection and training of employees. Responsibilities also include but are not limited to, supplying operations with safe and efficient equipment, training drivers and mechanics, scheduling and auditing employees, auditing equipment, reviewing the quality of work performed and assisting the District Automotive Manager and operators. As Automotive Supervisor you will report to the Automotive Fleet Manager.
- Management of shop and mechanics.
- Keeping cars on a regular PMI and paint schedule.
- Keeping parts inventories updated.
- Processing invoices for payment.
- Ensuring all cars have proper identification and permits.
- Make sure all provincial inspections are done on schedule.
- Keeping mechanics on a schedule that will enable them to have greater productivity.
- Following up on road calls.
- Responsible for package car maintenance operations.
- Willing to work evenings/nights 14:00-22:00 (Flexible) : the hours of work need to be adjusted as required to allow for scheduling a.m. meetings with driver groups, department and other business meetings, as well as other company training or workshops.
Attributes for Success:
- Sense of urgency.
- Attention to detail.
- Recognition of support staff and co-workers.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.