Driver - Cork Temporary ContractPrimary Location: Cork, Cork - IE Job ID 057510
UPS first entered Europe in 1976 when it established domestic small package operations in Germany. UPS has since developed a comprehensive European service portfolio, combining local expertise in each market with UPS's international strength and high quality standards. Headquartered in Brussels, UPS in Europe currently employs 40,000 people across the EMEA region and is an Equal Opportunity Employer (m/f/d/v).
We have the following vacancy:
The Service Provider is responsible for daily delivery and collections of inbound /outbound shipment including multi-drops.
- Complete pre-trip inspection of vehicle to ensure road-worthiness
- Check all packages loaded onto the vehicle
- Organise the working day by placing deliveries in order
- Ensure timed deliveries are prioritised
- Check for Cash on Delivery packages- ensure completion of COD manifest
- Receive payments for CODs
- Leave delivery notices when customers are unavailable
- Obtain signatures on all deliveries using an electronic device
- Complete daily collections on-route
- Complete post-trip inspection
- Able to work on a physical, fast paced, outdoor position
- Expected to comply with UPS appearance guidelines: uniform supplied
- Full clean B driving license.
- Fluent in English both written & spoken is essential
- Knowledge of delivery territory for centre in Cork region
- Be a logical thinker
- Able to work in a targeted busy environment
- Experience in a similar work environment would be an advantage
***Garda Criminal record Check to be completed for this role***
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.