Global Accounting Specialist
- Full Time
- Coppell, Texas
- Travel: No
- Facility: Dallas Sandy Lake
- Job ID: 201554
- Zip Code: 75019
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Global Accounting Specialist
- Full Time
- Coppell, Texas
The Regional Statutory Entity Reporting Support Specialist is responsible for facilitating the ACR’s reporting objectives within his/her GAC (Global Accounting Center), including compilation of supporting materials for statutory reports, preparation of Local GAAP financial statements, completing statutory audits, and consolidating monthly entity-level reporting for Finance. The ideal Regional Statutory Entity Reporting Support Specialist will have working knowledge of US and Local GAAP requirements, understand the audit process, and provide customer support to local, district and regional Finance teams
The Regional Statutory Entity Reporting Support Specialist will directly report to the Regional Statutory Entity Reporting Supervisor. He/She will directly support the Regional Statutory Entity Reporting Manager and Supervisor by ensuring all supporting materials for the statutory reports are available in a timely manner, and providing the regional Finance teams with timely entity-level reporting that includes required financial information.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepares filing of statutory financial statements for multiple legal entities
- Serves as subject matter expert on local GAAP to US GAAP differences
- Maintains and updates DLPs to document local GAAP to US GAAP differences
- Assists with the gathering/preparation of US Federal Income Tax reporting requirements (e.g. FITRP)
- Completes all locally required statistical reporting that relies on financial data
- Prepares and submits information requests as determined by the internal auditors as required for entities under their responsibility
- Consolidates balance sheet variance analysis from BPO management team for various towers into an entity level view and follows up as necessary
- Completes income statement variance analysis for entities under responsibility
- Serves as a partner to business owners of assigned entities and facilitate monthly pre/post close calls to debrief on entity business/finance activity, provides context for variability during reviews, and shares key decisions made
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of local to US GAAP differences
- Works with external auditors to perform an audit, remediate issues, and produce variance analysis
- Prepares variance reports
- Utilizes strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills and data analysis
- Works with internal customers to understand local business environment that drives financial results
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Demonstrates strong business acumen and ability to work effectively across teams, levels and varying cultures
- Seeks diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation
- Minimum of 1-2 years' finance and accounting experience including audit and/or reporting
- Minimum of 1 year relevant experience leading global teams
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Previous exposure to international regulatory and compliance matters - Preferred
- Master's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Finance or Accounting - Preferred
- Qualified or partially qualified accountant (Certified Public Accountant or international equivalent) - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.