General Ledger Accounting Supervisor II
- Coppell, Texas
- Facility: Dallas Sandy Lake
- Job ID: 209274
- Zip Code: 75019
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
General Ledger Accounting Supervisor II
- Coppell, Texas
The GAC BPO Management Tower Lead is responsible for the management of activities within his/her tower for a particular GAC, including BPO governance, fulfillment of contractual obligations, process management/improvement, effective communication, and migration of RTR work to the BPO. The candidate for this role will have knowledge of a particular tower and be familiar with end-to-end RTR processes. Experience working with vendors is a plus. The GAC BPO Management Tower Lead will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate completion of BPO activities within the GAC tower, as well as compliance with service level agreements (SLAs) and operating level agreements (OLAs).
This role will work directly with the Global BPO Management Tower Lead to drive satisfactory performance within the tower and mutually beneficial outcomes with the BPO.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage Close activities
- Provides Trial Balance oversight
- Leads BPO Management
- Owns Process Excellence
- Manages BPO Transitions
- Oversees niche Accounting activities
- Oversees Tower specific tasks
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates a broad business and accounting knowledge; describes methods in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Considers industry and financial trends when making account decisions; understands critical aspects of business models and operating structures to provide input into decisions
- Distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail
- Demonstrates an understanding of basic financial terminology and concepts such as cash flows, operating profit/loss, and net income; conducts financial analyses
- Addresses and resolves issues impacting information systems reporting; looks for ways to minimize report generation and required storage; modifies existing report formats; creates and interprets customized reports; integrates data, information, and documents from multiple software programs; writes more complex report queries
- Demonstrates knowledge of a particular tower, with familiarity into end-to-end RTR processes
- Successfully leads teams in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Manages G/L Close processes
- Drives process improvements, including identification, rationalization, prioritization, planning, and execution
- Utilizes strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills, and data analysis
- Proactively engages teams to identify challenges, recommend solutions, and manage expectations
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Effectively manages vendors, understands relationships, and builds mutually beneficial outcomes
- Anticipates leaders and finance stakeholders needs, recognizes and acts on opportunities to enhance client service
- Demonstrates the ability to lead, coach and motivate team members by promoting a collaborative work environment, providing strategic and balanced oversight and proactively sharing insights while demonstrating knowledge and experience
- Demonstrates strong business acumen and ability to work effectively across teams, levels, and varying cultures
- Seeks out diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation
- Minimum 3 years' finance and accounting experience across multiple R2R processes
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience leading teams in an environment with tight deadlines
- Experience working with cross-cultural teams and/or vendor relationships
- Familiarity with end-to-end R2R processes
- Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and in writing with C-Suite senior leadership while also being able to work with front line employees
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Finance or Accounting - Preferred
- MBA or graduate degree in Finance or Accounting - Preferred
- Experience in a vendor management role - Preferred
- Certified Public Accountant - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.