Customs Brokerage Rep III M-F 8:00AM - 4:30PMDALLAS/COPPELL Primary Location: COPPELL, TX - United States Facility DALLAS/COPPELL Job ID 197135 Zip Code 75019
The Customs Brokerage Representative III candidate will have advanced knowledge of entry writing, ability to classify according to the Harmonized Tariff Schedules (HTS), participating government agencies clearances (PGA), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 19 , and Customs Regulations gained by two or more years of experience working for a Customs Broker. The candidate will also have three or more years of customer service or general office experience.
- Generally works in a lead capacity by providing guidance to other employees.
- Duties include but are not limited to preparation of customs entries and forwarding freight to designated locations. This may involve interface with international and domestic carriers, overseas offices, and importers.
- Prepare Customs entries and follow-up with the clearance process on all entries prepared.
- Communicate documentation discrepancies to client and supervisor.
- Judgment and independent initiative is required to identify, adapt and apply approaches to solve problems and to interpret policy.
- This position requires the ability to manage several accounts, while providing excellent customer service, accurate and timely submission of documentation
- Coordinate freight delivery to designated locations.
- Review rates, trace product movement, file entries with Customs; clarification and valuation of merchandise.
- Performs quality checks as needed.
- Resolve finance and accounting reconciliation exchange issues.
- Responsible for filing entries to customs via BOSS in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsibilities may include scanning entries into the SDIS system meeting allotted and sensitive time requirements.
- Administrative responsibilities include preparation of reports/presentations and analysis using various software packages and databases.
- Document review and assessment of accuracy, verifying country of origin/export, IOR, terms of sale and value to ensure that compliance and federal regulation requirements are achieved.
- Daily follow up on documentation discrepancy issues which requires the ability to troubleshoot and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers and foreign origins.
- Establish and maintain client relationships.
- Prepare and review harmonized tariff classification information.
- Construct and properly assign harmonized tariff classifications.
- All other tasks as assigned by supervisor and/or manager.
- Position may require a weekend schedule on a department rotation basis and not limited to working a holiday schedule based on the needs of the operation and requirements of the account.
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
- At least three years of customer service, general office, or data entry experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Accurate and rapid data entry
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proven organizational skills
- At least one year of Customs Brokerage experience
- In depth knowledge of FDA process/products required.
- Ability to multi-task
- The ability to project a professional image to the customer and to represent UPS SCS in a positive manner
- Knowledge of HTS and CFR 19, Customs Regulations and PGA clearances.
- Individuals who accept this job opportunity will be expected to be flexible in assisting with coverage in other departments, during fluctuations in volume, vacation coverage or leave of absence coverage and as required by their management team.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.