Automotive Mechanic - 310T / 310SPrimary Location: Concord, Ontario - CA Job ID 058617 Zip Code L4K 3S2
“UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions.”
The Auto Mechanic is responsible for the UPS vehicle fleet maintenance.
Repairing all UPS diesel, propane and gasoline vehicles
Operating vehicles with standard (manual) transmission
Ensuring all vehicles are maintained regularly and in a timely manner
Wearing a UPS Auto Mechanic uniform and adhering to the UPS Appearance Guideline (Men must report to work clean shaven on a daily basis. Neat, trimmed mustache is allowed)
In our industry this position is also known as Auto Mechanic, Automotive Mechanical Technician or Automotive Service Technician.
Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. unassisted
Ability to drive standard (manual) transmission
Availability to work nights, Monday to Friday
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Strong organizational skills
Strong troubleshooting skills
Ability to work in a warehouse environment and occasionally outdoors
Possession of essential trade tools and equipment
Possession of a clean driver’s abstract (obtained no earlier than 30 days prior to submitting an application) showing no accident records for the last 3 years as well as no traffic violation records for the last 12 months. Maximum acceptable number of violations that does not fall within the above mentioned period is 2.
Valid 310T and/or 310S certificate/s (license/s)
Must pass the pre-employment medical test
Must pass the pre-employment road test
- $32.00 / Hour
- Paid weekly every Friday
- Guaranteed pay progression as per Union Collective Agreement (Will be discussed during the interview)
- Two weeks of paid vacation after one year, three weeks after five years, four weeks after ten years, five weeks after twenty years, and six weeks after twenty five years of employment.
- Pension plan
- Education assistance
- Immediate access to UPS "Employee Discounts"
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- The successful candidate will already be licensed with either 310T or 310S licenses. No apprenticeship available.Shift will be either in the evenings or at nights, 5 days a week, Monday to Friday from 8:00PM to 5:30AM
- 2900 Steeles Avenue West, Concord, ON, L4K3S2
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if a workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.