Operations Supervisor - Part Time - UPS FreightDenver Primary Location: COMMERCE CITY, CO - United States Facility Denver Job ID 208377 Zip Code 80022
UPS Freight, a leader in the LTL trucking industry, is currently seeking a part-time Operations Supervisor to produce maximum profit while providing excellent service to the customer. This individual oversees and is directly involved in more than one of the following operations; dock, P&D, and Road Dispatch, including, but not limited to, customer service, productivity, quality freight handling, claims prevention, load average, and safety.
This person will be responsible to:
- Manage, plan, organize, and direct all employees assigned to them
- Manage and implement security and loss prevention procedures
- Prepare and manage safety procedures in accordance with Company, OSHA, and DOT guidelines
- Prepare and implement action plans to ensure the service center achieves planned productivity, load average, cube utilization, and service targets.
- Work with Central Dispatch to develop a linehaul plan to effectively and efficiently move freight to destinations within Company service standards
- Schedule employees in accordance with hours planning, the Company’s run bid process, and service requirements
Previous dock operations and/or supervision experience within the transportation industry preferred.
Position is approximately 27-30 hours a week.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Future You Loves Our Instagram PageFollow Us
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.