Industrial Engineering Intern - Denver, CO
- Commerce City, Colorado
- Level: Varies based on position
Before you apply to a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position drives insights about the UPS network of today and tomorrow and involves project areas including building quantitative logistics models and developing innovative data visualizations. He/She will have project work matched to skillsets, strengths, and interests.
- Develops analytical models and data visualizations to drive analytic insights.
- Interacts with cross-functional teams to model current operations processes and evaluate potential solutions.
- Presents data insights and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Rising college junior or senior, graduate student or recent graduate within the last 24 months pursuing a degree in Engineering, Statistics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
- Sufficient and effective knowledge and experience in programming and algorithms
- Demonstrates interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively across business units and to different levels of management
For Non-Union Intern/Co-Op Positions:
- Pay Range Estimate: $15.10 - $35.05 per hour
- Note: Actual compensation offered to candidate may vary within range based upon geographic location and education. The pay rate will be finalized at the offer stage.
- 401(k) retirement program – eligible at 90 days of employment
- Personal time
- Paid Sick and Family and Medical Leave time as required by law
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Program – eligible at 6 months of employment
- Deadline to Apply: April 1, 2024
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Employer will sponsor visas for specific positions. UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
Benefits & Career Advantages
Industrial Engineers get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
Tackle Complex Global Challenges
Use Your Unique Perspective to Solve Problems
Be Part of a Smart, Driven Community
Contribute on a Team with a Work Hard/Play Hard Mentality