Part Time CHSP SupervisorCOLUMBUS Primary Location: COLUMBUS, OH - United States Facility COLUMBUS Job ID 195480 Zip Code 43232
The Part Time CHSP Supervisor is responsible for managing the Comprehensive Health and Safety Process (CHSP) within the division. He/She provides a framework for employees to be engaged, challenged, and motivated to improve and sustain a healthy, injury free and auto crash free workplace. The Part Time CHSP Supervisor is responsible for injury and auto crash prevention. He/She also serves as a liaison between the district and the division to ensure UPS Freight internal, federal, state and local safety compliance to regulatory standards.
Educates and Develops Operations Management on Safety Processes
- Trains and educates operations management to carry out their safety responsibilities.
- Coordinates with the Service Center Managers annual training schedules to ensure ongoing Health and Safety (H&S) training compliance through ongoing feedback and support.
- Holds Operations accountable to achieve individual and group safety goals.
- Ensures the Service Center Managers trains Supervisors and the Supervisors train the non-management employees on safety processes
Conducts CHSP Training with the CHSP Committees
- Conducts Co-chair, Wellness Champion and Committee Member training to ensure CHSP compliance.
- Proactively works with CHSP Committees to ensure the committees are effectively carrying out their roles and responsibilities.
Assists in Developing Safety Activities
- Works with Health and Safety Manager and CHSP Manager to analyze "most to gain" operations to identify needs and deficiencies.
- Reviews existing safety processes and activities; working with the Division Managers to determine gaps within the division.
- Ensures the Corporate, Region, and District Safety processes are implemented effectively within the Division.
- Tracks, measures and communicates results of safety activities to the CHSP Manager, and Division Manager.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.