Buildings & Systems Engineering InternColumbus (Trabue Road) Primary Location: COLUMBUS, OH - United States Facility Columbus (Trabue Road) Job ID 219506 Zip Code 43228
UPS is seeking an energetic and dynamic intern to join our Plant Engineering team, during the upcoming semester. If this sounds like your ideal opportunity, we want to hear from you!
The Plant Engineering Systems’ Design Intern will contribute to the improvement of UPS’s Corporate Plant Engineering, and Systems’ Design strategies and projects. He/She will assist with the implementation of a data management tool to track project work in a multi-user environment. In addition, the PE Systems’ Design intern will work alongside an experienced outside vendor to establish the UPS Corporate Plant Engineering’s Autodesk Vault client on a Windows-based server using a central SQL database.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Tracks and communicates vendor progress
- Takes necessary corrective action on non-compliant data
- Coordinates effort between multiple engineering disciplines
- Grants access rights for varying levels of end users
Knowledge and Skills
- Detail oriented with ability to distinguish between “big picture” concepts and detailed facts, while ensuring tasks are completed accurately and with appropriate level of detail to impact end goals
- Project management experience with ability to develop project plans and lead implementation throughout life cycle with limited coordination and resources and cross-functional demands, while utilizing project management tools and technology (e.g., Microsoft Project, Program Management Group website, etc.) appropriately
- Excellent written and oral communications, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Current college junior or senior, or recent graduate within the last 24 months, majoring in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Future You Loves Our Instagram PageFollow Us
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.