Officer – Ocean Freight, Supply Chain Solutions – Chennai, IndiaPrimary Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu - IN Job ID 055685 Zip Code 600083
The position is responsible for supporting the Ocean export & Import activity on day to day basis. The scope covers entire activities of Ocean freight operations. This role will actively engage in 1st level support to the Ocean export or import Operations, generating reports in timely manner and informing timely.
- He/She should possess sound commercial acumen in releting the commerce attached to a shipment cycle.
- He/She should be well versed with construction of quotations.
- He/She should possess adequate expertise to understand the intricacies of the business and should be able to handle crisis situations independently
- He/She should possess good exposure on CFS operation and able to coordinate and communicate with CFS OPS for cargo consolidation.
- Receiving booking from shippers or their agents, maintaining the job docket, intimating customer & CHA about booking status of the shipments. Checking and auditing the pre shipment documents, for any discrepancy related to shipment.
- Placing booking with the carriers and follow up with them till the booking is confirmed.
- Auditing the booking form of shipper and checking against the SOP requirements and sending booking advice to destination and obtaining approval.
- Co-ordinating the booking approval status to shipper and checking about the cargo dispatch details with shipper or with their agents for stuffing plans.
- Collecting post shipments details and documents from shippers and their agents for system updation and preparing post shipments documents.
- Updating the E2K system from booking, shipment entry, MBLD stage till completion.
- Generating and sending Pre alert to destination office.
- Intimating customer & Broker for any delay in shipment departure and arrival or discrepancy.
- Updating mandatory milestone on time in UPS system immediately on completion of each and every activity.
- Coordinating with UPS nominated broker towards clearance & delivery of DDU / DDP shpt.
- Updating Daily on-hand reports (internal) for shipments handled by him / her
- Raising billing to customers and submitting necessary payment requests to accounts with supporting for vendor or carrier payment request for shipments handled by him / her.
- Dispatching post shipment documents to shipper and consignee either by courier or through system for shipments handled by him / her.
Education / Work Requirements
- Minimum Diploma/Degree in any field with experience of 4-5 years in Freight Forwarding.
- Good planning skills with effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and determination in a professional manner
- Confident, trustworthy, customer-oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Positive and able to work well in a team with excellent interpersonal skills
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.