Richlands Customer Counter AssociateCedar Bluff - RICHLANDS Primary Location: CEDAR BLUFF, VA - United States Facility Cedar Bluff - RICHLANDS Job ID 205534 Zip Code 24609
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity with the leader in the Less Than Truckload (LTL) freight industry, we want to hear from you. UPS Freight is currently seeking a Customer Service Associate to provide information to customers calling our customer service center.
The Customer Service Associate uses creative problem-solving skills to make sound business decisions in a fast-paced, customer-driven environment. He/she accurately, professionally and efficiently addresses a wide variety of customer requests related to rates, billing, invoicing, operations and service.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Utilizes mainframe system, Edge, to provide accurate rate quotes, tracking, transit times, claims, billing, invoicing and service offerings
- Arranges pickups through reservation system
- Seeks opportunities to solicit business and up-sell for value-added services
- Clarifies customer complaints, resolves issues, and ensures customer satisfaction
- Enlists assistance from other departments and field operations, as needed
- Makes informed decisions to correct billing problems
- Determines freight classifications
Knowledge and Skills
- Successful completion of seven-week training program
- Previous customer service and/or call center experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in related field – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.