AM Ramp Agents YYCPrimary Location: Calgary, Alberta - CA Job ID 053385 Zip Code T2E8Z9
The AM ramp employee is responsible for loading and unloading packages from UPS aircraft, the loading of UPS trailers, and the operation of equipment on the ramp and in the facility. The selected candidates must have the ability to lift up to 70lbs without assistance while working in a fast paced environment. Ramp experience is not required but it is an asset.
Working on the ramp position, each candidate must be adaptable to changing weather conditions. It is important to dress appropriately for the weather, including wearing a sturdy leather work shoe with non-slip rubber soles.
The start time is 6:50 am, Tuesday to Friday and 7:00am on Saturday. The finish time will vary. Must be able to commit to up to 5 hours per day.
External - Qualifications
- Excellent Verbal Communications skills
- Good Organizational and Multi-tasking skills
- Able to follow set and standard procedures
- Able to work well with others
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Able to regularly lift up to70-lbs (32-kg) unassisted
- Able to maneuver packages up to 150-lbs (68-kg) unassisted
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, physically-demanding ramp and warehouse environment
- Comfortable working in various, frequently changing, weather conditions
- Comfortable working inside confined spaces of aircraft and vehicles
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must be available to work Tuesday to Saturday starting at 7:00 am for 3 to 5 hours a day
- Must be able to pass an RCMP background check and obtain a Transport Canada Airport ID
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. If you require a workplace accommodation, please advise one of our Human Resources Representatives. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.