Public Relations SpecialistPrimary Location: Brussels, Region Office - BE Job ID 056370 Zip Code 1200
Public Relations Specialist
Brussels, Region Head Office
UPS Europe is looking to hire a communications professional as a Public Relations Specialist in a dynamic, international working environment.
UPS’s Public Relations function interacts with media and other key external audiences and strives to enhance, manage and protect the reputation of our organization, its members and its services.
• Assists management in the development and implementation of strategic PR plans.
• Conducts day-to-day liaison with UPS in-country PR representatives and agencies.
• Writes and edits news releases, fact sheets, statements, by-liners, and speeches, and coordinates approvals, legal reviews and translations.
• Help follow-up incoming media requests.
• Compiles PR reports and builds and maintains a coverage and materials archive.
• Coordinates media monitoring activities and assembles coverage reports.
• Provides budget management and invoicing support.
• Updates and maintains press kit materials.
• Assists with planning and execution of smaller-scale PR projects.
• General PR office assistance and administrative tasks.
Basic Salary dependent on experience
Excellent benefits package including, company pension, holiday pay, meal Vouchers and Group Insurance
UPS operates a ‘promotion from within policy’ with all our employees having the opportunity to progress within the Company.
• Very good English language ability with good writing and editing skills.
• Good knowledge of one or more additional European languages an advantage.
• Degree in journalism, public relations, communications, languages, social sciences or related field.
• 1-2 of years of public relations agency, journalism or business experience an advantage.
• Must be a highly organized team-player, able to handle multiple activities under tight time constraints.
• Excellent command of MS Office.
• Familiarity with social media and data analysis tools an advantage.
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
How we recruit:
At UPS, equal opportunities, fair treatment and an inclusive workplace environment are of utmost importance. We are committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work–related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.