Public Relations AdvisorPrimary Location: Avenue Ariane, 5 1200 Brussels , Brussels, Region Office - BE, 1200 Job ID 060433
Start Date: Immediately
Duration: Open-ended permanent contract
Location: Brussels, Belgium (UPS Europe HQ)
Job Type: Full-time
UPS, the world's largest package delivery company, is looking for a full time Public Relations Advisor to join its European team in Brussels, Belgium.
We are looking for an enthusiastic communications professional with a passion for writing and editing to join a pivotal team at the heart of the European PR & Communications office. The right candidate will have the opportunity to drive strategic content development and positioning (news stories, fact sheets, media statements, by-liners, and speeches), leverage press and social media; provide crisis communications support and serve as a media spokesperson at UPS Europe’s HQ. The PR Advisor will work with PR agencies across Europe, UPS subject-matter experts and in-country communications contacts to develop media engagement plans and strategies to enhance company reputation, support business objectives, reinforce competitive advantages, and drive brand recognition in Europe.
The successful candidate will join a team of passionate marketeers in a multi-cultural environment and will have the ambition to constantly challenge her/himself (as well as the team) to learn and take on career advancement opportunities.
- Competitive compensation package (including bonus of 10% of annual salary - depending on company & individual performance)
- Meal vouchers + 13th month pay + additional month of holiday pay
- Group insurance (hospitalization, death, disability and pension)
- Transportation allowance
- UPS operates a ‘promotion from within policy’ with all our employees having the opportunity to progress within the company.
- English native or near-native standard with excellent writing and editing skills. (Additional European languages considered an advantage).
- 3-5 of years of in-house or agency experience in media/public relations or journalism
- Highly organized, team-player, able to handle multiple activities under tight time constraints
- Goal-oriented with a high sense of accountability
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships and work with stakeholders at all levels
- Degree in journalism, public relations, communications, languages, social sciences or related field
- Understanding of external communications process, social media for business, project coordination
- Familiarity with social media and/or media analysis tools
We encourage applicants who are not yet based in Brussels, but plan to move here, to apply for this role. Please note that UPS will not cover relocation costs and applicants are responsible for obtaining right to work documentation if required.
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide.
How We Recruit
At UPS, equal opportunities, fair treatment and an inclusive workplace environment are of utmost importance. We are committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work–related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.