Finance AnalystPrimary Location: Avenue Ariane, 5 1200 Brussels , Brussels, Region Office - BE, 1200 Job ID 061443
We are UPS, the world's largest package delivery company. We are looking for a Finance Analyst to join our Finance Department at the European HQ of UPS in Brussels, Belgium. As a Finance Analyst you will support managers across Europe, as well as in our Corporate HQ in USA, in their decision making by reporting, analyzing and planning (financial) data, creating insights, drawing conclusions and shaping thought processes. Working in this position will give you fantastic insights into the European operations of the world’s largest parcel delivery company.
What you’ll do:
o Querying various internal and external data sources
o Analyzing the gathered data for patterns, trends and insights
o Concluding and formulating tangible recommendations
o Running, analyzing and creating periodical managerial reports and packs.
o Improving and optimizing reporting and planning processes.
o Building presentations that inform the target audience in a concise and structured manner about the outcome of the analyses and the implications for the business.
o Constantly searching for new, relevant information and keeping the internal knowledge base up-to-date. Providing training and support to Europe area on: Financial systems,
Financial reporting and Business Planning:
o Taking initiative to formalize information flows where possible and appropriate.
o Liaising with different departments across countries, Europe HQ and Corporate HQ, in order to exchange information, coordinate deadlines and review deliverables
What you’ll be joining:
You will be part of an international and supportive team of four members (12 across the department).You will enjoy the challenge of working to tight deadlines and be flexible to react when urgent Ad hoc requests come your way. You will produce financial reports with accuracy and on time to provide invaluable insights that support C-level management in decision making process. You will step in a culture that gives opportunities to continue learning and explore different fields within logistics and a role that comes with excellent exposure for progression to your next move.
What you’ll need:
• University degree
• 1+ year experience with data analysis and financial reporting
• Data-driven and taking initiative in developing new measurements and metrics
• Creative and logical thinker; strategic mind set
• Deductive reasoning skills; able to translate findings into conclusions and recommendations
• Strong work ethic and high degree of accuracy; eye for detail; accountable
• Perform well under pressure; ability to meet tight & continuous deadlines
• Inquisitive personality; strong desire to learn; ability to probe effectively
• Excellent skills in MS Office; Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word
• Familiarity with VBA and SQL a plus
What you’ll get:
• Competitive compensation package
• Meal vouchers + 13th month pay + additional month of holiday pay
• Group insurance (hospitalization, death, disability and pension)
• Transportation allowance
• UPS operates a ‘promotion from within policy’ with all our employees having the opportunity to progress within the Company.
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide.
How we recruit:
At UPS, equal opportunities, fair treatment and an inclusive workplace environment are of utmost importance. We are committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work–related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.