Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
We are looking for a payroll specialist to join our finance team in UPS Europe, the headquarters of European operations. The primary objectives for this position is to support monthly payroll cycles for our business unit and to provide a tactical support with regards to local compensation and benefits practices. A person in this position must have a passion for payroll as well as the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and building strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Correct and timely payment of salaries and premiums in cooperation with the external payroll provider
- Coordinate various inputs and outputs between related parties: relocation agency, PWC, tax department, HR department, social security authorities
- Advise our employees on social legislation and compensation and benefits related questions
- Support internal and external requests (e.g. social documents to government, various internal and external payroll related audits)
- Maintain related files/records in accordance with local legislation
- Support any reporting needs in the payroll area
- Look for constant improvement opportunities in the payroll process
- Bachelor degree or equivalent by relevant work experience
- Two year experience in a payroll position
- Good practical knowledge of Belgian social legislation
- Analytical mindset and a high level of ownership
- Ability to work with cross functional team members
- Proficiency in MS Office; good excel skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English, French and/or Dutch
- Experience with a payroll system is an asset
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits such as meal vouchers, eco vouchers, insurance and pension plan
- 38 days of vacation
- Educational environment with career opportunities
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.