Customer Relationship Manager
- Full Time
- Brussels, Belgium
- Travel: No
- Street Address: Avenue Ariane, 5 1200 Brussels
- Opportunities to grow
- Strength of the UPS name behind you
- Diverse team of experts
- Creating custom solutions for business
- Resources of a Fortune 100 organization
- Empowered to use your ingenuity
Have What It Takes To Move The World
As a Sales professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
If you’re looking to stir things up, to think differently, to follow crazy ideas that just might work, Future You belongs here.
DELIVER ON THE BIGGEST PROMISES OF ALL
Our connections to people around the world inspire us to keep doing more for the communities we serve. Learn about how our professionals volunteered to help deliver 180 tons of books to children in South Africa.
Medical, Dental, Vision, & more
Career Growth & Mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Customer Relationship Manager
- Full Time
- Brussels, Belgium
- Job ID: 069278
- Zip Code: 1200
Solutions Engagement Manager (m/f/d)
UPS Capital Europe – Brussels (Belgium)
UPS Capital, a wholly owned subsidiary of UPS, is expanding in Europe. UPS Capital provides risk mitigation and financial solutions for business of all size and industries along global supply chains. Cargo Insurance, ParcelPro™ Select (PPS), UPS® Customized Declared Value (CDV) and UPS Proactive Response® Secure (UPRS) are products that are currently offered. Additional team members will be required to further support the expansion and growth.
UPS Capital is seeking a dynamic, creative, fun and experienced Solutions Engagement Manager to lead a team creating change management programs for large accounts. He/She will provide value to our customers’ by gaining, retaining, and growing UPS Capital’s business by developing strategies leveraging technology and risk management solutions that align with the customers’ growth objectives. Additionally, he/she will lead a team of sales engineers and business analysts. He/She must have profound experience with project management, API and DFT integrations.
Does this sound like your ideal career opportunity? If so, we want to hear from you!
The Solutions Engagement Manager collaborates with the Agile, Digital Experience, Operations, Finance and Sales team to evaluate and determine costs of solutions, formulate account strategies for leveraging solutions, and gain agreement on established value propositions. He/She interfaces with customers to identify needs (e.g., determine technology capabilities, reduce supply chain risk, etc.), to determine long-term goals and strategies, to provide value-added solutions, to ensure customer retention, and to strengthen relationships. This position conducts research (e.g., customers’ goals, earning reports, etc.) to determine the compatibility of our solutions with customers’ needs and to gain an understanding of the business model, market conditions, and competitors.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Facilitates and participates in customer strategy sessions to communicate customers' needs, to provide recommendations, and to gain consensus on resources and the most effective solutions
- Meets with business stakeholders (Underwriting, Claims, Security, CRG, Sales, etc.) to prioritize accounts, to determine involvement, and to schedule customer meetings
- Prepares customer proposals and presentations to demonstrate the value added of UPS Capital solutions and grow the business
- Evaluates non-traditional UPS Capital solutions opportunities (e.g., technology systems, etc.) to create alternative revenue streams
- Monitors business performance metrics (i.e. long-term customer value, NPS, net margin)
What you’ll need:
- University/Master Degree
- Exhibits strong leadership skills
- Strong Analytical, creative and writing skills
- Ability to travel to meet and support sales teams and strategy development sessions
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders
- Flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment with a positive work attitude
- Proven self-starter with project management skills
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally in a team-oriented environment
- Fluency in English (both written and oral)
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates familiarity with the core service offerings across business units and deep familiarity with product, service, and customer facing technology offerings of at least one business unit; demonstrates knowledge of competitors' offerings and the features of their products, services, and customer facing technology solutions; describes types of customers that would benefit from selected offerings; compares and contrasts UPS Capital's and competitor's products, services, and customer facing technology solutions; able to compare and contrast the customer's experience of engaging with UPS Capital and primary competitors across all touch-points; summarizes positive and negative gaps; develops plans to leverage advantages and correct disadvantages
- Demonstrates some advanced knowledge of how to conduct customer analysis using common sources of information to identify customer facts and trends; collects standard research data about current and prospective customers with some guidance; identifies and develops lists of prospective customers; assists with identifying instances where customer needs or expectations are not being met; drafts promotions of products, services, and features based upon research with oversight from others and is responsible for developing and presenting quantified value proposals to customer stakeholders for consideration
- Helps define and create specific documented account strategies; evaluates key financial indicators to establish account strategies; leverages sales and service resources to meet basic customer needs; recognizes overlap between customer needs and external industry trends
- Distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail
- Demonstrates the ability to use negotiation techniques in less complex situations; recognizes the potential impact of negotiation proceedings on the business; gains consensus from involved parties
- Develops project management plans and leads the implementation for basic projects of short duration requiring limited coordination and resources; supports initiatives with well-defined project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; manages minimal organizational resistance to cross-functional project demands; employs project management tools and technology (e.g., Microsoft Project, Program Management Group website, etc.) appropriately
- Identifies business areas and stakeholders impacted by customer issues; engages appropriate resources to resolve customer issues; identifies root causes to ensure problems do not recur; stays motivated despite difficult circumstances or setbacks
- Builds and maintains relationships throughout a customer organization; makes recommendations regarding account decisions or strategies
- Demonstrates an understanding of supply chain risk concepts; makes recommendations for changes to solve supply chain risk problems
- Recognizes the basic impact of technology on UPS Capital business, services, and processes; identifies technological barriers in achieving desired objectives; maintains appropriate breadth and depth of technological knowledge for current work assignment