Attorney BeneluxPrimary Location: Avenue Ariane, 5 1200 Brussels , Brussels, Region Office - BE, 1200 Job ID 064587
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide
Here at UPS, we pride ourselves on offering rewarding opportunities. Our European Legal Office is based in Brussels and provides legal support to our operations across Europe.
Our love of logistics is driven by our passion for people.
With employees in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide, there's no question that diversity is part of the social fabric at UPS. Every day, UPS meets an infinite number of needs with innovative solutions in businesses, homes and communities everywhere. It takes diversity of thought, experience and intelligence to get the job done.
At UPS, we offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive range of extra–legal benefits, including group insurances (hospitalization, pension, life and disability) and meal vouchers. Being part of the UPS world will offer you much more than this. You will be exposed to a dynamic, fast paced, international environment made of highly talented individuals and you will learn from years of solid experience and work with the latest technologies. You will be part of the world's leading logistics company where your talent is valued.
Purpose of the job:
If you are a mid-to-senior trained lawyer (at least 6-8 years’ experience) and looking for an exciting opportunity to develop your career, this could be the right challenge for you.
This high-profile role has two main parts:
- providing a wide variety of advice on commercial, contractual, corporate and regulatory issues in the Benelux; and
- advising on employment/labor law issues in the same countries, as well as coordinating advice on employment and labor issues across Europe.
Ideally, candidates will have relevant experience working in-house, although this is not essential.
Due to the nature of the role, it is expected that the successful candidate will have a high level of commercial acumen, the ability to influence internally and the confidence to take on a broad scope of work. They must be able to provide the business with commercially pragmatic advice and be flexible on tasks they undertake.
Candidates must also show a genuine interest in building lasting relationships within the business and committing to the team long term. They should also have potential and ambition to grow within the department, including taking on management responsibility.
Candidates must be capable of working in English and Dutch, and preferably have some knowledge of French.
You will be working across borders in Europe in a multi-cultural company, and therefore, when pandemic restrictions ease, will need to be prepared to travel from time to time.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop the provision of legal services across Europe, adding critical value to our operations.
In summary, the Lawyer will:
- Have a legal qualification in a Benelux country and at least 6-8 years’ experience
- Have solid commercial and corporate transactional experience
- Have good drafting, negotiation and communication skills
- Be a problem solver, solution focused and client oriented
- Have the ability to deliver messages in a structured, clear and diplomatic way
- Be comfortable in a multinational and multi-cultural environment
- Be energetic, dynamic, clever, ambitious - a generalist and true business partner
- Be organised, disciplined and able to work independently, and
- Be capable of working in English and Dutch, and preferably have some knowledge of French.Apply Now
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.