Night Shift Import & Export Operations Supervisor (based in Botany)Primary Location: Unit 3A, 1A Hale St , Botany, New South Wales - AU, 2019 Job ID 066209
The Local Sort Supervisor oversees the processing of inbound and outbound parcels at the company’s package center facilities. He/She conducts pre-operation checks, manages sorting and loading operations, and performs post-operation functions. The Local Sort Supervisor ensures outbound packages are processed, loaded, and leave the building on time. This position supervises part-time supervisors, administrative staff, loaders, and sorters.
Manages Start Up Operations
- Performs initial yard and equipment checks to ensure there are no mechanical issues and sufficient feeder equipment is available.
- Checks safety calendar and other planned safety activities to ensure safety of operations.
- Reviews daily operating plan and exception reports to identify and manage staffing and operational issues.
- Conducts pre-sort meetings with part-time supervisors to communicate the daily plan and other relevant information.
Monitors Daily Package Center Operations
- Manages operations to ensure proper package care, service, and quality levels.
- Makes operational changes (i.e., equipment and staffing) as needed to ensure packages are loaded efficiently.
- Checks for clerical problems at the customer counter to validate packages are processed properly and exceptions (e.g., incomplete addresses, misleads, etc.) are corrected.
- Verifies trailers are loaded and properly sealed and paperwork is correct to ensure the accurate and timely dispatch of loads.
- Ensures safety is incorporated into operational activity to minimize risk of injury.
- Supports Comprehensive Health and Safety Process (CHSP) to ensure sustainable, safe work environment.
Oversees Post-Operation Activities
- Communicates with part-time supervisors to ensure trailers and package cars have been unloaded and there are no packages overlooked.
- Completes nightly reports (i.e. employee hours worked, package volume, packages per hour, etc.) and forwards to the Business Manager to provide a summary of the sort operation.
- Uploads scanner data and resets scanners to ensure proper function for the next sort (i.e. shift).
- Reviews payroll data to ensure employee hours are coded correctly and the actual hours worked are computed.
Supervises and Develops Others
- Determines employees’ training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Conducts performance evaluation in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS’s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline will be preferred but not essential.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant warehousing experience performing in a similar capacity is required with knowledge in dealing with Small Package services in 3rd Party Logistics or Express business environment will be preferable.
- At least 1 year of demonstrated leadership ability with successful people management experience.
- Solid negotiation skills with the ability to communicate effectively in English language (both oral and written) and able to work well with stakeholders across all levels.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, high sensitivity to figures with problem-solving abilities.
- Self-starter and able to work with minimum supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Require demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Programs (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint).
- Candidate must be flexible with the working hours whereby the standard schedule will be Monday to Thursday, 3pm to 11pm, Sunday, 9am to 5pm with fixed rest days on Friday and Saturday.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.