Brokerage System Support (based in Sydney, Australia)Primary Location: Botany, New South Wales - AU Job ID 058761 Zip Code 2019
The position provides support and enhancements to existing and new operations systems to ensure projects are aligned with the corporate strategy and APAC Region Brokerage MOP. He/She gathers business requirements, initiates feasibility studies, and maintains data for the project's life cycle. This position serves as liaison between stakeholders, software engineers, and software users.
The position conducts project feasibility studies. He/She develops business requirements for new functionality. This position conducts user acceptance testing. He/She provides end user project support and responds to ad hoc requests
- Assist to develop business cases to ensure projects are aligned with UPS's corporate strategy.
- Assist in conducting cost benefit analyses to ensure effective use of UPS resources and maximum return-on-investment.
- Conducts survey meetings with end users to clarify business requests and determine project cost.
- Runs test scripts to ensure applications meet end users' needs.
- Attends stakeholders’ status meetings to provide application progress reports.
- Maintains application documentation to ensure user guides are current and user-friendly.
- Confers with requestors and Information Systems (IS) to ensure project scope is clearly defined.
- Creates functional design requirements to define how the application will perform.
- Review request and confers with cross functional teams to prevent application redundancy and ensure the project aligns with business needs
- This position may require shift works
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Business or related field or the equivalent of education and work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in system support capacity
- Experience in using Brokerage related systems for small package and/or freight processing is required
- Preferred applicants with experience in gathering and defining business requirements for Brokerage IT requests
- Experience testing system enhancements is preferred
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong administrative skills e.g. planning, organizing, coordinating, following up on matters
- Proactive team player and able to work in a fast pace environment
- Meticulous with strong attention to details
- Strong follow up skills
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.