Industrial Engineering Package PlannerBillings BILLINGS, MT - United States Facility Billings Job ID 187077 Zip Code 59105
If you’re looking to show the world what UPS is capable of, we want to hear from you! UPS is seeking an Industrial Engineering (IE) Supervisor - Package who is responsible for improving package job set-ups and operational conditions that reduce cost and meet service commitments. He/she audits operating plans and procedure compliance; develops, implements and assesses long- and short-range operating plans for package operations and helps to implement improved operating plans, new services and technologies and enhanced procedures. The IE Supervisor - Package also assists with tools, training and methods certification and supports the achievement of the business plan.
Working with Division and Business Managers, the IE Supervisor - Package identifies and prioritizes opportunities for operations and process improvements where key business plan objectives are not being met. He/she serves as the communications liaison for other functions and coordinates initiatives that impact package operations planning requirements. The IE Supervisor - Package also supervises IE management trainees, IE specialists, IE part-time supervisors, co-ops and interns.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops recommendations and solutions to improve operations
- Works with management team to implement changes to reach desired cost-reduction and service improvements
- Analyzes current operating plan to determine opportunities for improving the process and workflow (e.g., analyzes process flow charts and production schedules, etc.)
- Reviews recommendations (e.g., improved job set-ups, operating plans, etc.) with IE and operations teams to gain approval
- Identifies issues that require training or re-training (e.g., Operating Plan execution, process adherence, proper methods, work measurement, use of technology, etc.) to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Provides training to management for implementation of new procedures, processes, services and technology
Knowledge and Skills
- Understands UPS’s long-term needs; prioritizes where attention should be focused; creates solutions designed to fit current and future needs
- Demonstrates basic understanding of a business problem; recommends solutions
- Explains proper processes, procedures and methods for small package operations; demonstrates basic knowledge of common tools, equipment and technology used within the operation
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or related field – Preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Office products or equivalent software – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.