Customs Brokerage Representative ICHICAGO/BENSENVILLE Primary Location: BENSENVILLE, IL - United States Facility CHICAGO/BENSENVILLE Job ID 206102 Zip Code 60106
UPS Supply Chain Solutions is currently seeking a Customs Brokerage Representative I. The ideal candidate will have one year customer service / general office / data entry experience.
The Customs Brokerage Representative I responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Administrative tasks in the import operations department servicing the client and their suppliers, providing customer service as well as maintaining revenues from the client base and contracted vendors.
• File break/down, classifying data entry, photocopying, scanning and some assembling of entries.
• Auditing commercial documents, applying harmonized tariff schedule code for accurate duty assessment and to ensure all federal requirements are met.
• Document review and assessment of accuracy, verifying country of origin/export, IOR, terms of sale and value to ensure that compliance and federal regulation requirements are achieved.
• Daily follow up on documentation discrepancy issues which requires the ability to troubleshoot and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers and foreign origins.
• All other task as assigned by supervisor and or manager.
• Position may require a weekend schedule on a department rotation basis and not limited to working a holiday schedule based on the needs of the operation and requirements of the account.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
• A minimum of one year of customer service, general office, or data entry experience.
• High School diploma or equivalent certificate.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Accurate and rapid data entry.
• Strong attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Proven organizational skills.
• The ability to project a professional image to the customer and to represent UPS SCS in a positive manner.
Import, Export, Customs, Clearance, Customer Service, Data Entry, Transportation, Logistics, and International Freight.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Future You Loves Our Instagram PageFollow Us
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.