Applications Developer - iShip
- Full Time
- Bellevue, Washington
- Travel: No
- Facility: Bellevue
- Job ID: 196048
- Zip Code: 98006
- Diverse experiences as part of a global team
- Work with the latest technology
- Massive scale of projects
- Unlimited opportunities to grow
Future you has the resources to innovate
With our commitment to making a significant investment in technology initiatives each year, the scale of technology at UPS allows Future You to dream big and realize bigger.
Today, ORION can solve an individual route in seconds and is constantly running in the background evaluating routes before drivers can even leave the facility. This level of route evaluation conducted through the ORION program requires extensive hardware and architectural provisions. Running on a bank of servers in Mahwah, New Jersey, ORION is constantly evaluating the best way for a route to run based on real-time information. While most of America is sleeping, ORION is solving tens of thousands of route optimizations per minute.
UPS has launched a beta version of a chatbot, an artificial intelligence-enabled platform that mimics human conversation to help users easily find UPS’ locations, get shipping rates and track packages. Elements of artificial intelligence are becoming a bigger part of various UPS technologies. For example, our new virtual assistant on UPS.com uses natural language understanding to help customers track packages. The assistant becomes skilled at its tasks as more people ask it questions.
Our focus is on real-world applications that benefit our customers. Drones offer a great solution to deliver to hard-to-reach locations in urgent situations where other modes of transportation are not readily available. Innovation through automation and robotics has long been a focus for the world’s largest package delivery company. In fact, UPS has been testing drones in warehouses to check high storage racks to confirm stock or available space. We’re also exploring the use of drones to deliver humanitarian aid in hard-to-reach parts of the world.
UPS Access points
UPS Access Point locations are convenient places—such as The UPS Store®, neighborhood grocery stores, or other local businesses— that offer easy package drop-off and pickup. Our technology links Access Points into our network with information entered through UPS Mobile, My Choice and ORION software used by our drivers.
With over 8,100 UPS Access Point locations in the U.S., UPS now offers approximately 67 percent of consumers an alternative to home delivery within 3 miles of their residence. Our network of interconnected apps gives our customer maximum visibility and control over where and when they receive their packages.
UPS My Choice
UPS My Choice Members and Premium Members, receive delivery alerts for all eligible home deliveries. For those times when customers won't be home to greet their UPS driver, they can reschedule, redirect, or have their packages delivered The UPS Store® or to a UPS Access Point location.
Our technology allows for changes made on deliveries to be quick and convenient. Nearly 24 million U.S. consumers already use My Choice to plan their deliveries.
The UPS Mobile app allows users to track, ship, get a quote, or find a location. It is a one-stop app for any information a customer might need on their delivery. With a simple yet robust interface and My Choice integration, it serves as a convenient way to get the information they need, whenever or wherever they may need it. UPS Mobile is has been developed for both iOS and Android platforms.
FUTURE YOU HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
From cloud technology to network planning tools, telematics to encryption, we’re empowering our IT team with the latest tools to serve customers and drive our organization forward.
THERE’S NO STOPPING FUTURE YOU
No matter where you start at UPS, you’ll be encouraged to learn new skills and follow your interests. Find out more about how Future You can grow through in-house training, our online learning center, or education assistance for accredited degree programs.Learn More about UPS training
STUDENTS & GRADS
We offer summer internships to students in a wide variety of degree programs. Discover mentoring and learning opportunities that will put your career on the right track. And Future You can even extend your summer internship into a year-round co-op experience or a full-time role. Find out more about our opportunities for students and recent grads.Learn More about opportunities for Students and Graduates
Learn more about our locations to see where Future You can make tech breakthroughs.Learn More about UPS locations
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, and more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Applications Developer - iShip
- Full Time
- Bellevue, Washington
iShip, a wholly owned subsidiary of UPS, provides internet-based, multi-carrier shipping services that allows customers to conveniently make the smartest shipping decisions. The comprehensive iShip service makes it possible for customers to price, ship, track, and manage shipments over the internet. The iShip service allows shippers to easily compare rates and services among multiple carriers, including UPS, DHL, and the US Postal Service. If you're looking for an exciting and dynamic career opportunity, we want to hear from you!
We are seeking an experienced Application Developer in Test to join our team and support technology solutions and key programs for UPS’s largest customers. We maintain a continuous pipeline of projects and new features to support customers and provide new business opportunities. Knowledge of how the products and feature sets evolve help keep our Dev/QA process consistent from year to year and allow the team to achieve the greatest success. The ideal candidate will help move our test automation and testing regimes as we transition to methodologies such as Agile, DevOps and CI/CD across multiple environments.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborates with project team members and performs duties and tasks to support full systems life cycle management (e.g., analysis, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.)
- Performs tasks within planned durations and established deadlines
- Participates in system and requirements analysis as pertains to test
- Develops and maintains system documentation to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Creates unit test plans and reviews documented results to ensure requirements are met
- Integrates unit test automation from all members of the dev team into an independent suite
- Collaborates with various teams and business functions to ensure effective communication and to support the achievement of objectives
- Participates in release management tasks for product releases
- Supports testing of hardware and server environments
- Provides status reporting on project activities
- Provides development, maintenance, and support for test suites
Knowledge and Skills
- Assists with application of new technologies for solving business information needs; supports new technologies; maintains basic understanding of potential risks and rewards with emerging technologies
- Conducts root cause analysis and diagnoses and manages technical problems using pre-defined steps, limited experience, and available tools; identifies and documents changes that need to be made to established procedures; makes recommendations and resolves moderately complex technical problems; contributes to the identification of inefficiencies and deficiencies in processes and applications during walk-throughs, tests, and actual execution; proposes improvements to processes and applications and executes the agreed upon changes designed to improve processes and applications
- Uses the appropriate style, level of detail, grammar, and organization of thought in technical writing; drafts standard specialized or technical documents using templates and job aids; considers the end-user’s perspective when creating technical documents
- Recognizes the basic impact of technology on business, services, and processes; identifies technological barriers in achieving desired objectives; maintains appropriate breadth and depth of technological knowledge for current work assignment
- Experience with commercial testing tools. Selenium experience - Preferred
- Experience with Azure or cloud platform technologies - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.