Facility Security Coordinator (based in Penang)
The Facility Security Coordinator ensures regulatory compliance is maintained with all applicable laws and regulations in accordance with the Aviation Security legislation and UPS Local Operating Plan (LOP) standards. This position is also responsible for ensuring the daily operational quality of the facility’s screening process, overseeing chain of custody controls, maintaining documentation to prove compliance, and conducting self-assessments at the site.
- Ensuring Compliance to Aviation Security Legislation
- Leverages knowledge of the aviation security process and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Monitors the chain of custody of secure cargo through the site to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Ensures the site is compliant for authority inspections to alleviate opportunity for major findings.
- Participates in site inspections performed by appropriate authority to support the regulatory inspection process.
- Maintains all Sensitive Security Information (SSI) controls for aviation security materials to ensure confidentiality of documents and procedures.
- Executes UPS Aviation Security Local Operating Plan (LOP)
- Understands and executes site Local Operating Plan (LOP) to ensure proper procedures are followed.
- Implements LOP change memos and advisory circulars to ensure compliance with latest developments.
- Maintains all requirements for aviation security document retention to ensure record retention compliance.
- Maintains compliance manuals and facilitates trainings to include latest developments in legal requirements.
- Provides Assistance during Aviation Security Operation Incidents
- Anticipates and addresses potential threats to ensure business continuity.
- Executes procedures designed to safeguard territory or operation to avoid potential threats.
- Coaches and trains people to ensure efficient and effective response to security breaches.
- Executes Quality Assurance Program
- Carries responsibility for implementation of quality assurance controls to ensure compliance.
- Monitors the implementation and adherence to corrective action plans to ensure findings are mitigated.
- Encourages cross-functional involvement to ensure collaboration across departments.
- Conducts self-assessments to ensure continuous quality improvements.
- Motivates colleagues to ensure aviation security standards are maintained in the operation.
- Takes accountability for local aviation security balance scorecard elements to measure the effectiveness of controls.
- Acts as Contract Management for 3rd Party Screeners
- Monitors screening workforce to ensure regulation and process compliance to UPS contract terms and conditions.
- Escalates performance and process issues internally to ensure problems are addressed in a timely manner.
- Collects and maintains documentation on each vendor screener to ensure personnel are eligible to conduct screening activities at the facility.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Security Studies, Risk Management, Compliance, Aviation Security or related discipline.
- Candidates without experience but is able to demonstrate right skill sets and aptitude may be considered
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated. Must be able to travel and have flexible hours. Has the ability to work with all levels of management and hourly employees, vendors, and law enforcement is a must.
- Requires demonstrated skills in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, have good written, verbal, and analytical skills.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in transportation/airport industry.