German speaking Credit ControllerPrimary Location: Ballymount, Dublin - IE Job ID 049721
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a $51.5 billion corporation by focusing on enabling commerce for its customers around the world. Today, UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, UPS delivers more than 15.5 million packages and manages the flow of goods, funds and information for its customers in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide. Globally, UPS employs 425,000 people, utilizes a delivery fleet of approximately 100,000 vehicles and operates the 9th largest airline in the world. The company can be found on the web at www.ups.com
UPS first entered Europe in 1976 when it established domestic small package operations in Germany. UPS has since developed a comprehensive European service portfolio, combining local expertise in each market with UPS's international strength and high quality standards. Headquartered in Brussels, UPS in Europe currently employs 40,000 people across the EMEA region and is an Equal Opportunity Employer (m/f/d/v).
The Credit Controller is responsible for maintaining the ledger and collecting debts in a timely manner whilst controlling Aged debts. Liaising with different departments throughout UPS and resolving customer queries to protect the company from potential bad debts.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main duties include debt recovery and ensuring customers are monitored in relation to their agreed credit terms and credit limits. Contacting customers on a daily basis by various methods as well as working with deadlines.
- Fluency in German both written & verbal is essential
- Confident, diplomatic negotiator with an excellent telephone manner
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and achieve tight deadlines is essential.
- Strong numerical and organizational skills
- Previous collections experience an advantage
Education and Work Experience
• Minimum requirement of a leaving certificate or equivalent qualification.
• Some experience in collections/a similar work environment would be an advantage
• MS Office proficient
• Keyboard skills
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.