UPS Capital Sales Intern East35 Glenlake Building Primary Location: ATLANTA, GA - United States Facility 35 Glenlake Building Job ID 217273 Zip Code 30328
UPS is seeking a dynamic Business Development Intern to manage and grow UPS Capital's customer business. This position uses available resources to learn customers’ businesses, identify business needs, and proactively contact customers to position UPS Capital’s products and services to meet their needs. The Business Development Intern is responsible for identifying and prioritizing customer opportunities, managing existing account relationships, and answering customer questions.
The Business Development Intern uses various tools to research current strategies and account information and positions the most appropriate solutions for the account. He/She uses strong and effective communication skills and social selling tactics to research and identify decision makers and to position compelling value propositions to secure and maintain a sale.
The Business Development Intern will have the opportunity to gain an in-depth view into UPS Capital’s Sales, Customer Relationship, Operations, and Claims teams through rotational assignments within these areas of the organization. The rotations are designed to allow for a fast paced development of skills, and coupled with a customized day one mentoring program, the Business Development Intern will be well equipped for future advancement opportunities at UPS Capital.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Calls customers to identify their business needs, qualifies opportunities and sells additional products and services
- Identifies key decision makers in customers’ organizations and develops relationships with them to facilitate sales opportunities
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of UPS Capital’s products and services to generate sales solutions that meet customer needs
- Researches and/or learns competitor strategies, capabilities, and pricing patterns to identify ways to position UPS Capital’s products and services advantageously
- Uses knowledge of customers’ businesses to demonstrate how UPS Capitals products and services can support and help customers achieve their business objectives
- Provides compelling value proposals to potential and existing customers
- Works cross-functionally (e.g., administrative, revenue recovery, billing, accounts receivable, etc.) to address customer needs, increase revenue and retain current business
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of products, services offered by UPS Capital along with their features and business applications; describes general customer profiles targeted by the company
- Demonstrates a general understanding of ways to identify and measure the current needs of the customer or business
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of competitor’s tactics, product/service offerings, and strategies; translates competitor performance and actions into implications for UPS Capital
- Captures/documents specific and accurate information; learns subjects thoroughly and in detail; completes work with thoroughness; supplies appropriate details when requested; maintains organized files
- Exhibits professional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates a general knowledge of techniques for soliciting and gathering information
- Recognizes when customers are having issues; identifies resolution to basic customer issues and recommends solutions
- Demonstrates an understanding of basic financial terminology and concepts such as cash flows, operating profit/loss, and net income
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of risk management principles; identifies the risk factors that impact a client’s insurance eligibility
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel and Word)
- College student currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree or Master’s Degree program, or recent graduate within 24 months
- Strong interest in Sales and Business Development
- Students graduating in 2019 or 2020 - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Future You Loves Our Instagram PageFollow Us
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.