UPS Capital Online Communications Supervisor
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Facility: 35 Glenlake Building
- Job ID: 256002
- Zip Code: 30328
- Street Address: 35 Glenlake Parkway
- Diverse experiences as part of a global team
- Work with the latest technology
- Massive scale of projects
- Unlimited opportunities to grow
Future you has the resources to innovate
With our commitment to making a significant investment in technology initiatives each year, the scale of technology at UPS allows Future You to dream big and realize bigger.
Today, ORION can solve an individual route in seconds and is constantly running in the background evaluating routes before drivers can even leave the facility. This level of route evaluation conducted through the ORION program requires extensive hardware and architectural provisions. Running on a bank of servers in Mahwah, New Jersey, ORION is constantly evaluating the best way for a route to run based on real-time information. While most of America is sleeping, ORION is solving tens of thousands of route optimizations per minute.
UPS has launched a beta version of a chatbot, an artificial intelligence-enabled platform that mimics human conversation to help users easily find UPS’ locations, get shipping rates and track packages. Elements of artificial intelligence are becoming a bigger part of various UPS technologies. For example, our new virtual assistant on UPS.com uses natural language understanding to help customers track packages. The assistant becomes skilled at its tasks as more people ask it questions.
Our focus is on real-world applications that benefit our customers. Drones offer a great solution to deliver to hard-to-reach locations in urgent situations where other modes of transportation are not readily available. Innovation through automation and robotics has long been a focus for the world’s largest package delivery company. In fact, UPS has been testing drones in warehouses to check high storage racks to confirm stock or available space. We’re also exploring the use of drones to deliver humanitarian aid in hard-to-reach parts of the world.
UPS Access points
UPS Access Point locations are convenient places—such as The UPS Store®, neighborhood grocery stores, or other local businesses— that offer easy package drop-off and pickup. Our technology links Access Points into our network with information entered through UPS Mobile, My Choice and ORION software used by our drivers.
With over 8,100 UPS Access Point locations in the U.S., UPS now offers approximately 67 percent of consumers an alternative to home delivery within 3 miles of their residence. Our network of interconnected apps gives our customer maximum visibility and control over where and when they receive their packages.
UPS My Choice
UPS My Choice Members and Premium Members, receive delivery alerts for all eligible home deliveries. For those times when customers won't be home to greet their UPS driver, they can reschedule, redirect, or have their packages delivered The UPS Store® or to a UPS Access Point location.
Our technology allows for changes made on deliveries to be quick and convenient. Nearly 24 million U.S. consumers already use My Choice to plan their deliveries.
The UPS Mobile app allows users to track, ship, get a quote, or find a location. It is a one-stop app for any information a customer might need on their delivery. With a simple yet robust interface and My Choice integration, it serves as a convenient way to get the information they need, whenever or wherever they may need it. UPS Mobile is has been developed for both iOS and Android platforms.
FUTURE YOU HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
From cloud technology to network planning tools, telematics to encryption, we’re empowering our IT team with the latest tools to serve customers and drive our organization forward.
THERE’S NO STOPPING FUTURE YOU
No matter where you start at UPS, you’ll be encouraged to learn new skills and follow your interests. Find out more about how Future You can grow through in-house training, our online learning center, or education assistance for accredited degree programs.Learn More about UPS training
STUDENTS & GRADS
We offer summer internships to students in a wide variety of degree programs. Discover mentoring and learning opportunities that will put your career on the right track. And Future You can even extend your summer internship into a year-round co-op experience or a full-time role. Find out more about our opportunities for students and recent grads.Learn More about opportunities for Students and Graduates
Learn more about our locations to see where Future You can make tech breakthroughs.Learn More about UPS locations
FUTURE YOU GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND
See how UPSers are doing more–including innovating in the skies to deliver lifesaving medicines.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, and more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
UPS Capital Online Communications Supervisor
- Atlanta, Georgia
UPS Capital, the financial services subsidiary of UPS, meets the financial and insurance service needs of businesses helping to mitigate today's increasingly complex global supply chain risks.
The Marketing Communications Supervisor supports the development and execution of communications plans and activities to reach appropriate target audiences against UPS Capital’s business objectives. He/She acts as day-to-day project management lead on communications campaigns and works with stakeholders and agency partners to develop the necessary cross-channel content and assists with planning, campaign optimization and launch plans. The Communications Supervisor also supports the development and reporting of business and diagnostic metrics related to multi-channel deliverables.
He/She works closely with a variety of stakeholders and supports functions including Product Marketing, International and Field Marketing, Customer Experience and Digital Technology Services, communications, content teams and agency partners. The position requires the development of presentations, insights, recommendations, and results to socialize plans and outcomes with senior management and stakeholders.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supports the development of campaign plans to ensure communication activities are developed and executed to support business revenue goals
- Identifies program milestones, dependencies, and challenges to proactively address potential issues; identifies key insights for optimization of program performance
- Supports strategy sessions with internal stakeholders and Communications staff members to create message platforms and areas of focus for content development
- Supports strategy sessions with internal stakeholders and communications staff members to create measurement plans that will serve as the basis for optimizations to maximize revenue
- Coordinates and writes content for multiple channels including web, social media, press releases, email automation, internal communications and advertising platforms
- Manages monthly social media content calendar, posting, influencer campaigns and reporting
- Evaluates channel performance and suggests changes to content to optimize results and customer experience
- Monitors budget and manages projects within budget parameters to ensure scope does not exceed budget
- Provides weekly reporting on progress of activities, campaign launches and/or results of KPIs
Knowledge and Skills
- Effectively writes content using prescribed methods, tone and messaging for channel
- Develops project management plans and leverages workflow tools to manage the completion of deliverables related to a campaign or project
- Leverages marketing technology tools to develop reports and highlight key learnings to drive optimizations, channel and partner recommendations
- Identifies root causes of problems; designs programs/updates based on organizational needs
- Adapts media channel and communication style to various situations or groups; recommends adjustments to communication strategies
- Demonstrates strong analytical, communication, problem solving and time management skills
- One year of brand, social media, communications or digital marketing experience
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related discipline - Preferred
- Experience and knowledge of how to use marketing technology such as marketing automation, web analytics, social media and data management platforms – Preferred
- Experience and knowledge of SEO principles – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.