UPS Capital Database Analyst
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Level: Varies based on position
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Information Management at UPS Technology:
Our Information Management teams are responsible for designing and supporting data solutions to meet UPS’s rapidly changing business needs. Our team is comprised of individuals who are experts in data management, compliance and governance. We ensure quality, completeness, availability, protection, understanding and effective use of our data assets. Our ability to organize and design the wealth of data we receive each day provides the foundation which enables many of UPS’ core processes.
About this role:
The Database Analyst interacts with functional representatives, business analysts, data analysts, data architects, Systems Administration and Programming, and Applications Development project teams to assist with satisfying database operations requirements for supporting the effective storage and retrieval of data. He/She works with supervision on one or more databases of low to moderate complexity. This position interacts with the Data Modeler to create and maintain basic physical databases. He/She assists with administering and maintaining the enterprise’s production and development databases.
- Experience with Data Modeling, Database Replication, Intermediate Operating System Fundamentals, SQL & PL/SQL, SSMS
- Ability to troubleshoot common DB issues & perform disaster recovery tasks
- Preferred experience with Azure IaaS & PaaS SQL Technology
- Experience with SQL AOG, DB Mirroring, and SQL Replication
- Experience with performing regular DB maintenance activities: Index maintenance, maintain backups (full, differential, and Log backups), manage/monitor SQL jobs, SQL Server Patching
- Preferred experience with Powershell
- DB Sizing and Performance tuning practices
- Must be a team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or the equivalent in education and work experience
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Benefits & Career Advantages
IT Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
A great career in IT is about more than just what you do at work. It's about your whole life - and where you live it. Explore these locations and find the perfect place to become you.
Parsippany and Mahwah
UPS I.T. Speaks With Bloomberg
Satyan Parameswaran, Vice President, UPS Information Technology (I.T.), Operations Technology (OPT), sat down with Lisa Abramowicz of Bloomberg TV to discuss intelligent automation and its effects on the UPS enterprise.Learn More
UPS I.T. Overview
Join our team of experts in a variety of different specialties. We are more than you think- we are UPS I.T.Learn More
Follow Us on Instagram
Follow us on Facebook@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on Twitter@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on LinkedIn@UPS(Opens in new window)