UPS Capital BIA Development Manager
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Facility: 35 Glenlake Building
- Job ID: 226388
- Zip Code: 30328
- Street Address: 35 Glenlake Parkway
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
UPS Capital BIA Development Manager
- Atlanta, Georgia
UPS Capital (UPSC), one of the fastest growing subsidiaries within UPS offers opportunities for career development, mastering your craft, and virtually limitless professional growth. UPS Capital Business Intelligence and Analytics (BIA) department at UPS Capital delivers analytical information and insights for enhancing UPS Capital’s marketplace competitiveness and supporting growth initiatives.
The UPSC BIA Development Manager focuses on predictive and prescriptive analytics that solve business problems or informs decisions using evidence-based approaches to grow UPS Capital’s risk mitigation and insurance business. He/She working with other BIA team members is responsible for research and implementation of advanced analytics models including ML/AI using large volumes of structured and unstructured data along with a diverse set of advanced analytics techniques. This position leverages knowledge of the risk management domain and a broad set of technical skills to the development of technical frameworks and solutions at UPS Capital’s enterprise level. The UPSC BIA Development Manager serves as a subject matter expert on advanced analytics for UPS Capital, spearheading Universities and industry relationships in the future. This position manages others within the department.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Executes UPS Capital’s strategy to leverage Analytics/ML techniques and models to rapidly drive UPS Capital’s business and customer value
- Drives the growth and maturity of the UPS Capital’s Analytics/ML talent pool, and accelerates the use and delivery of Analytics/ML to solve strategic business problems
- Collaborates with internal, external and cross functional UPS Capital and UPS business teams to lead efforts to bring in new data science technologies, frameworks and methodologies
- Evangelizes benefits of incorporating Analytics/ML in business with the goal of identifying new opportunities and growing existing business
- Lead team of Data Scientists to conduct Proof of Concept (POC) projects as needed to vet techniques and potential business value models
- Seeks and refines data enrichment methods, sources internal and external data sources, and cleanses and integrates datasets from disparate sources
- Works with Technology Infrastructure teams to evaluate and implement new analytics platforms, services and methodologies
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in Data Science Solution Development Lifecycle
- Experience in generating Advanced Analytics solutions to address business needs
- Experience with Python, Jupyter, R, Tensorflow
- Demonstrated passion in building solutions to answer business questions and improve business processes
- Experience in machine learning and advanced analytical methods such as deep learning, reinforcement learning, classification, clustering, operations research, etc.
- Knowledge of descriptive statistics, inferential statistics and statistical methods
- Skill in enterprise-level visualization and analytics platforms
- Experience in simplifying and presenting complex data science and machine learning concepts to business users
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong team building skills
- Master's Degree in Mathematics, Operations Research, Analytics, Computer Science, or Statistics - Preferred
- Experience with database technologies, Business Intelligence, Data Visualization, and Analytics Platforms - Preferred
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills - Preferred
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills - Preferred
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform including BigQuery and ML - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.