UPS Capital Application Developer
- Full Time
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Travel: No
- Facility: 35 GLENLAKE BUILDING
- Job ID: 194248
- Zip Code: 30328
- Diverse experiences as part of a global team
- Work with the latest technology
- Massive scale of projects
- Unlimited opportunities to grow
Future you has the resources to innovate
With our commitment to making a significant investment in technology initiatives each year, the scale of technology at UPS allows Future You to dream big and realize bigger.
Today, ORION can solve an individual route in seconds and is constantly running in the background evaluating routes before drivers can even leave the facility. This level of route evaluation conducted through the ORION program requires extensive hardware and architectural provisions. Running on a bank of servers in Mahwah, New Jersey, ORION is constantly evaluating the best way for a route to run based on real-time information. While most of America is sleeping, ORION is solving tens of thousands of route optimizations per minute.
UPS has launched a beta version of a chatbot, an artificial intelligence-enabled platform that mimics human conversation to help users easily find UPS’ locations, get shipping rates and track packages. Elements of artificial intelligence are becoming a bigger part of various UPS technologies. For example, our new virtual assistant on UPS.com uses natural language understanding to help customers track packages. The assistant becomes skilled at its tasks as more people ask it questions.
Our focus is on real-world applications that benefit our customers. Drones offer a great solution to deliver to hard-to-reach locations in urgent situations where other modes of transportation are not readily available. Innovation through automation and robotics has long been a focus for the world’s largest package delivery company. In fact, UPS has been testing drones in warehouses to check high storage racks to confirm stock or available space. We’re also exploring the use of drones to deliver humanitarian aid in hard-to-reach parts of the world.
UPS Access points
UPS Access Point locations are convenient places—such as The UPS Store®, neighborhood grocery stores, or other local businesses— that offer easy package drop-off and pickup. Our technology links Access Points into our network with information entered through UPS Mobile, My Choice and ORION software used by our drivers.
With over 8,100 UPS Access Point locations in the U.S., UPS now offers approximately 67 percent of consumers an alternative to home delivery within 3 miles of their residence. Our network of interconnected apps gives our customer maximum visibility and control over where and when they receive their packages.
UPS My Choice
UPS My Choice Members and Premium Members, receive delivery alerts for all eligible home deliveries. For those times when customers won't be home to greet their UPS driver, they can reschedule, redirect, or have their packages delivered The UPS Store® or to a UPS Access Point location.
Our technology allows for changes made on deliveries to be quick and convenient. Nearly 24 million U.S. consumers already use My Choice to plan their deliveries.
The UPS Mobile app allows users to track, ship, get a quote, or find a location. It is a one-stop app for any information a customer might need on their delivery. With a simple yet robust interface and My Choice integration, it serves as a convenient way to get the information they need, whenever or wherever they may need it. UPS Mobile is has been developed for both iOS and Android platforms.
FUTURE YOU HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
From cloud technology to network planning tools, telematics to encryption, we’re empowering our IT team with the latest tools to serve customers and drive our organization forward.
THERE’S NO STOPPING FUTURE YOU
No matter where you start at UPS, you’ll be encouraged to learn new skills and follow your interests. Find out more about how Future You can grow through in-house training, our online learning center, or education assistance for accredited degree programs.Learn More about UPS training
STUDENTS & GRADS
We offer summer internships to students in a wide variety of degree programs. Discover mentoring and learning opportunities that will put your career on the right track. And Future You can even extend your summer internship into a year-round co-op experience or a full-time role. Find out more about our opportunities for students and recent grads.Learn More about opportunities for Students and Graduates
Learn more about our locations to see where Future You can make tech breakthroughs.Learn More about UPS locations
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, and more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
UPS Capital Application Developer
- Full Time
- Atlanta, Georgia
UPS Capital is the financial services branch of the company, established to meet the financial needs of businesses while accelerating money and goods through their supply chains. By combining financial services with all other UPS capabilities, UPS Capital creates a key link in the UPS global commerce synchronization strategy.
The UPS Capital Applications Developer performs duties and tasks to support full systems life cycle management (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.). He/She responds to application system problems and makes necessary corrections to resolve system’s defect. This position is responsible for designing, developing, modifying, and supporting a suite of insurance and financial applications. He/She collaborates with teams to ensure effective communication and to support the achievement of objectives.
The Applications Developer conducts systems and requirements analyses to identify project action items. He/She performs assigned functions and tasks to meet project plan and quality review requirements. This position analyzes specifications and user requirements to perform assigned applications development work. He/She analyzes, designs, codes, tests, and documents low to moderately complex programs to develop application software. This position assists with software builds to meet application needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Participates in development sprints by performing assigned tasks and duties
- Escalates integration issues to resolve system discrepancies
- Executes procedures to monitor systems performance and integrity
- Performs applications maintenance and supports functions with problem resolution
- Documents maintenance and supports activities to ensure quality control
- Contributes to task lists and cost and time estimates to support project plan development
- Performs testing and fixes of small components to ensure compliance with functional requirements
- Conducts tests to diagnose and record failures and report results
- Records and updates defect logs to monitor system reliability
Knowledge and Skills
- Applies Information Analysis & Solution Generation Knowledge: Familiar with primary information sources relevant to assigned area; utilizes computer-based analytical and information management tools in order to perform routine analysis; documents approach and findings; reviews results with others as appropriate
- Applies Information Systems Knowledge: Demonstrates an understanding of the basic need for technical support in a business; demonstrates awareness of the primary uses of technology by business representatives, demonstrates a basic understanding of the systems of the enterprise
- IT - Problem Management: Monitors actions to investigate and resolve incidents and problems in systems and services
- IT - Processes, Methods, and Tools: Demonstrates knowledge of the various types of system tools and utilities available on the market; demonstrates understanding of the role of system tools, utilities, and related processes in optimizing systems and applications development, accessibility, administration, and management
- Technology Knowledge: Demonstrates a general understanding of technology used by the company; communicates basic technological concepts and terminology; applies standard technology in daily work
- Intermediate knowledge in at least one of the following: SQL (SQL Server, Oracle), .Net, Java or Angular
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.