UPS Capital Advanced Analytics Supervisor
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Facility: 35 Glenlake Building
- Job ID: 298820
- Zip Code: 30328
- Street Address: 35 Glenlake Parkway
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FIND THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, you can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
You Have What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, you’ll join a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
DELIVER A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
KNOW YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and you’ll go straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Get More From Your Benefits
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
UPS Capital Advanced Analytics Supervisor
- Atlanta, Georgia
UPS Capital, one of the fastest growing subsidiaries within UPS offers opportunities for career development, mastering your craft, and virtually limitless professional growth. UPS Capital Business Intelligence and Analytics (BIA) department at UPS Capital delivers analytical information and insights for enhancing UPS Capital’s marketplace competitiveness and supporting growth initiatives.
The Advanced Analytics Supervisor is responsible for building data driven models and solutions to provide predictive and perspective insights from large volume of structured and unstructured data. He/She leverages data, statistical methods, machine learning techniques and algorithms to derive insights for business decisions. He/She verifies data for quality and quantity to ensure it is sufficient for statistical assumptions, performs exploratory data analysis, applies statistical models, builds analytics, and communicates results to stakeholders to answer questions and determine if further analysis is necessary.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops data driven analytics solution to generate insights
- Writes codes to collect and transform data from multiple sources
- Works with internal partners and cross-functional teams to evaluate models results with business objectives and ensures proper analytics and statistical models are in place to answer business questions
- Builds and supports analyses by building and evaluating models and monitoring customers segments to determine changes needed to grow profitable revenue
- Develops reports and visualizations of data to explain trends and help business users make decisions
- Participates in presentations to internal partners and senior management
Knowledge and Skills
- Applies knowledge of database applications, tools, infrastructure and standards to develop, implement, support and administer databases to ensure information organizations, accessibility and security
- Applies financial expertise by analyzing and evaluating financial data, patterns and trends to determine the financial impact of a decision on the customer and the company
- Conducts product and customer technology management, and develops business cases for enhancements, through knowledge of product features and specifications and competitive offerings
- Understands most standard statistical techniques (e.g. regression, time series, bootstrapping, etc.) and when to apply them
- Estimates and forecasts by reviewing relevant data such as trends, market conditions, and current assets, to identify potential needs, feasibility, stress loads, scope, potential growth, costs, risks, and benefits
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and Access, Power BI, simulation, math programming and decision analysis tools
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Finance or related field - Preferred
- Experience programming in SQL, R, or Python - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law