Transformation ManagerUPS CORPORATE OFFICES Primary Location: ATLANTA, GA - United States Facility UPS CORPORATE OFFICES Job ID 198493 Zip Code 30328
The Transformation Manager is responsible for leading cross functional work streams focused on Transformation initiatives across the entire organization. He/She helps support the objectives of the Transformation Office with a focus on high impact strategic projects. The ideal candidate implements Project Management capabilities to ensure activities and resources are appropriately aligned and will provide thought partnership and analytical support to the project leaders and teams. He/She will also maintain a high degree of confidentiality and will be privy to all of the information across the business units and functions in the Transformation Office. The Transformation Manager interfaces with the most senior executives including C-suite, Business Unit leaders, etc. He/She will also interact with all levels of employees to drive results.
Responsibilities and Duties
Project Management/Transformation Management
- Provides critical insight and analysis in support of transformation initiatives including the development of hypotheses, proposed work plans, analytics, socialization and implementation planning, and desired output
- Implements project Management capabilities to ensure activities and resources are appropriately aligned
- Provides thought partnership and analytical support to the project leaders and team
- Designs and executes quantitative analyses (e.g. models, financial analysis, etc.) and qualitative analyses (e.g. interviews, focus groups, etc.) to support hypotheses and drive work stream insight developing, socializing, and aligning recommendations and sources of value with multiple levels of employees including senior leadership within the TO, through individual meetings and cross-functional meeting
- Presents analyses and insights to senior leadership, socializing recommendations, and driving to implementation and value creation
- Responsible for identifying projects that require change management interventions and in identifying common change themes across initiatives
- The role will also be involved in providing guidance and coaching on issues related to culture, behavior, change management, change leadership, communications and for organization development activities to support business strategy and Transformation change initiatives
- On a need basis, he/she will partner with key stakeholders to create and execute detailed change management plans per UPS Transformation Office change management standards, frameworks and best practices
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in project management and change management is highly preferred.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience at a leading management consulting firm and/or role executing large scale program and change management roles in the industry.
- Ability to dissect a problem into an organized approach and quickly form a hypothesis against which to run test analysis
- Ability to run and manage highly complicated quantitative analysis in a defect-free manner through mastery of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally, on paper, and through Microsoft PowerPoint
- Preferred experience in executing change management projects within large scale transformation programs that have shown tangible results.
- Highly developed relationship-building skills to foster effective working relationships across the Transformation Office, functional and business units, and the Corporate Management Committee
- Ability to compose multiple project plans in their entirety, lead works streams and track the progression of the projects simultaneously using proven project management principles/processes
- Willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to get work done, with dual responsibility of managing the progress of others, and driving them forward as individual contributors
- Self-motivated with high energy and performance driven
- Multi-tasker with strong leadership skills
- Must be comfortable working as individual contributor and a team player (Player/Coach)
- Comfortable delivering presentations
- Ability to deliver results under tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree)
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.