This position conducts research and analysis in their areas of responsibility to understand the market situation, its’ competitive landscape, customer needs, and UPS capabilities. The incumbent develops an understanding of UPS offerings and capabilities and external factors which impact UPS strategies. This position conducts detailed MCCU (Market, Competitor, Customer, and UPS) assessments. The incumbent supports the monitoring of key strategic initiatives. This position supports the project management life cycle of initiative(s) and may manage others.
- Leads or supports large strategic cross-functional initiatives within the organization, including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- Manages project lifecycles from inception to deployment
- Owns and coordinates workplan execution, status monitoring, risk/issues tracking, meetings, notes and action items
- Manages cross-functional interdependencies between HR and Finance, IT, Legal, etc.
- Identifies individual and team skill gaps and developmental opportunities (e.g., training, special assignments, conferences, projects, etc.) to facilitate individual and team development
- Manages resources and people processes (e.g., Performance Management, Career Development, Training, Staffing, etc.) to ensure the day to day administration of processes and formal procedures
- Understands HR Services and have deep knowledge in some of the areas like Pension, 401K, H&W, Compensation, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management & Learning, Centralized HR Support and Labor Relations
- Partners with IT on HR Strategy and plans to support M&A work including data migrations etc.
- Coordinates with IT and Finance on interface changes needed to exit TSAs
- Demonstrates an understanding of relevant financial measures, revenue and cost drivers; applies financial analysis to recommend solutions that support business objectives
- Experience with project management leading large scale HR initiatives and working/managing senior HR stakeholders
- Fast learner with ability to make decisions, and holds a high standard for excellence
- Possesses strong communication skills (oral & written), storytelling, strategic thinking, negotiation skills (high degree of social intelligence) and analytical skills (internal & external data sources)
- Comfortable in situations where one must work cross-functionally, across business units and across organizational levels (both domestic & international)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel and PowerPoint)
- 5 years of experience in strategy or management consulting firm
- Experience in mergers, acquisitions and divestiture work
- Master’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree)
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law