Research Scientist (Robotics)
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Level: Varies based on position
Research Scientist (Robotics)
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
The Robotics AI Lab (RAIL) at the UPS Advanced Technology Group (ATG) conducts cutting-edge research and development to build novel machine vision solutions for UPS. UPS ATG is searching for a research scientist, who has a research/engineering background with advanced degrees and expertise in robotics, reinforcement learning, computer vision, and machine learning. Project areas include advanced robotics, robotics/automation, and machine vision. We are looking for individuals who enjoy solving challenging problems and are passionate about robotics research.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop large scale robot algorithm such as control, navigation, and perception
- Develop/deploy/validate novel approaches to solve open-ended problems for robotics platforms or edge devices (pipeline build up and pilot program design)
- Collaborate with other teams to create a new idea, design a new system, and develop/test its performance
- Create interfaces and infrastructure to collect operational data, monitor robotics platforms, and perform operation analysis/data visualization
- Interact and communicate effectively across business units and to different levels of management
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with robot control, navigation, sensor fusion, computer vision, reinforcement learning, machine learning, or numerical methods
- Strong programming Python and C++
- Experience with C#
- ROS development experiences
- Experience with leading edge technology including software, hardware, and robotics
- Ability to implement research ideas on a real-robotics platform
- Familiarity with cutting-edge technology in robotics (both software and hardware)
- Comfortable with Linux OS
- Good communication skills in presentation
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a relevant engineering role or a Master’s degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Computer Science, Robotics or related field
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Benefits & Career Advantages
IT Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
A great career in IT is about more than just what you do at work. It's about your whole life - and where you live it. Explore these locations and find the perfect place to become you.
Parsippany, Mahwah and Wayne
UPS I.T. Overview
Join our team of experts in a variety of different specialties. We are more than you think- we are UPS I.T.