Public Relations SupervisorUPS CORPORATE OFFICES ATLANTA, GA - United States Facility UPS CORPORATE OFFICES Job ID 180816 Zip Code 30328
The Public Relations (PR) supervisor is responsible for developing and executing media campaigns and supporting news announcements that will generate positive media coverage and enhance UPS’s reputation with regard to our logistics services. He/She acts as a spokesperson for UPS with assigned media to maintain clear communications with all sources of information to the public, and build relationships with key journalists. He/She will serve as a company spokesperson and will have interaction with senior executives, so the ability to work independently and with authority is needed. He/She will also support PR department issues management and crisis activity. The ideal candidate must have good interpersonal communications skills and work well in a fast-paced environment across multiple global time zones while proactively keeping stakeholders abreast of project status.
The Public Relations (PR) supervisor manages day-to-day proactive and reactive media relations and social media content creation while also providing guidance to agencies. Duties could include writing press releases and social posts, coordinating media visits to UPS facilities and “ride-a-longs” for media with UPS drivers, and facilitates interactions between local and national media and UPS operations. He/She must have knowledge of social media and crises communications, along with excellent writing and project management skills. This position develops Subject Matter Expert (SME) level expertise in public relations’ best practices and measurement to ensure accuracy and consistency of message. He/She writes and edits media materials (e.g., press releases, talking points, case studies, statements, position papers, Q&A, social media, etc.) on current events, new products/services, policies, etc., to enhance and protect UPS’s reputation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Helps determine public relations campaigns and opportunities (e.g., reactive, proactive, limited or full disclosure) to maintain UPS’s positive public image
- Works with PR agencies to create short-term PR plans that incorporate business, cultural, and media practices to advance UPS’s reputation and help the media understand UPS’s position
- Utilizes live & recorded satellite TV media tours, Video News Releases (VNR), background video footage (B-roll), Audio News Releases (ANR), BizWire, email blast communications, social media and Web posts and automated response audio recordings to ensure correct messages are received by media
- Ensures coordination between functions, on a fast-track basis, to respond to news media under tight deadlines to maintain continuity of message
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of products, services, and customer facing technology solutions offered by UPS along with their features and business applications; describes general customer profiles targeted by the company
- Identifies cultural issues that may impact business needs or customer solutions; applies cultural sensitivity when interacting with others outside one’s own geography; leverages cultural awareness to address challenges when operating across different geographical areas; stays current on global and cultural trends
- Identifies internal customers’ needs and vendors to meet those needs; determines costs and benefits to UPS for vendors’ products, commodities or services; creates bid proposals for vendor solicitation; analyzes vendor responses and develops recommendations for award
- Experience developing media campaign strategies
- Experience developing web content for pressroom media kits
- Knowledge of social media and crises communications
- Experience writing speeches, press releases, case studies, fact sheets, talking points, backgrounders, Question and Answer (Q&A’s) and position papers
- Experience in a PR agency, corporate in-house, or Fortune 500 company - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.