Procurement Finance Supervisor
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Facility: UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
- Job ID: 247004
- Zip Code: 30328
- Street Address: 55 GLENLAKE PARKWAY
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Procurement Finance Supervisor
- Atlanta, Georgia
UPS Procurement is undergoing enterprise-wide transformation and is looking for a motivated and detail-oriented individual to develop and implement innovative, global procurement operational processes. This transformative process is a multi-year effort that needs creative, self-directed individuals to help achieve our organizational goals. The role will require cross-functional collaboration to provide analytical support for process improvements, commodity-related initiatives, and strategic organizational objectives.
The Procurement Finance Supervisor operates as a support role in UPS's Procurement function, managing day-to-day activities as well as managing financial aspects of Procurement projects, including global organizational strategies, presentations and analysis to senior leadership, and performance measurement. He/She works cross-functionally with global teams from other functions as liaisons and stakeholders. This role may manage other employees within the department.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Creates and analyzes complex spreadsheets, documents, reports and presentations for Procurement initiatives from multiple data sources
- Responsible for building ~$100M business plan across 80+ global Procurement cost centers
- Examines monthly cost reports and provides explanations for expense variances
- Submits journal entries for accruals and adjustments during month-end close
- Helps to develop and implement strategic processes to support organizational objectives through data analytics and cross-functional collaboration
- Conducts data analysis and obtains stakeholder/user feedback to execute process improvement as opportunities arise
- Communicates strategies and results through recurring reporting to leadership
- Manages and develops others
- Supports commodity managers in assisting with RFIs, RFPs, financial and performance clauses, metrics, terms and rebates/penalties to ensure the best bid among various vendors
- Conducts post-implementation analysis to identify problems
Knowledge and Skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proficient in self-research and resolves problems independently
- Experienced in gathering data and benchmarking to support business cases (quantitative and qualitative)
- Exemplifies cross-functional collaboration, team building, and project management skills to support organizational projects
- Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate report generation
- Understands intermediate impact of technology on UPS business, services and processes; identifies technological barriers; maintains appropriate technological knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical support experience
- Strong Microsoft Suite skills (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong Microsoft SQL skills
- 2+ years' experience
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) - Preferred
- Experience with vendor sourcing - Preferred
- Experience with negotiations - Preferred
- Experience with contract management - Preferred
- Experience with AP processes - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.