Procurement Compliance Manager
- Full Time
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Travel: No
- Facility: UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
- Job ID: 180040
- Zip Code: 30328
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Procurement Compliance Manager
- Full Time
- Atlanta, Georgia
UPS is seeking a Procurement Compliance Manager to lead cross functional work streams focused on Compliance and Process Auditing initiatives across the entire organization. He/She supports the objectives of the Compliance and Process Auditing Group with a focus on high-impact strategic projects. The Procurement Compliance Manager implements financial analytics and project management strategies to ensure activities and resources are appropriately aligned and provides thought partnership and support to project leaders and teams. If this sounds like your ideal career opportunity, we want to hear from you!
The Procurement Compliance Manager improves profitability by focusing on management behavior modification to reduce cost, increase revenue, and maximize corporate assets. He/She facilitates financial processes, manages pricing, profitability analysis, contract renewals, and accounting compliance. This position approves, evaluates, and manages projects, assigns resources, and monitors project performance. He/She manages components of compliance programs and assists managers with program requests. This position develops, updates, and maintains various databases, programs, and materials to support specific compliance program functional areas. The Procurement Compliance Manager analyzes financial and risk-related data to assist and support executive management in effectively planning strategic and tactical direction for the company. He/She serves as a liaison in particular with Internal Audit, provides leadership through collaboration, and designs financial solutions and action plans to support strategic trends. The Procurement Compliance Manager performs analysis on UPS-specific and industry data, identifies potential obstacles and determines strategic recommendations for improving profitability. He/She is privy to sensitive information across all business units and function, and maintains a high level of confidentiality.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides critical insight and analysis in support of compliance initiatives including the development of hypotheses, proposed work plans, analytics, socialization and implementation planning and desired output
- Works closely with current Procurement teams to drive creation of KPI’s, metrics, process auditing and implementation of compliance initiatives
- Designs and executes quantitative analyses (e.g. models, financial analysis, etc.) and qualitative analyses (e.g. interviews, focus groups, etc.) to support hypotheses and drive work stream insight developing, socializing, and aligning recommendations and sources of value with multiple levels of employees including senior leadership, through individual meetings and cross-functional meetings
- Develops and presents analyses and insights to senior leadership, including challenges and barriers for short and long-term solutions
Knowledge and Skills
- Detail-oriented with broad understanding of Finance, Accounting and general Business principles
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and performance-driven individual with ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to dissect problems into an organized approach and quickly form a hypothesis against which to run test analysis
- Highly developed relationship-building skills to foster effective relationships across functional business units and senior leadership
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to compose project plans in their entirety, lead work streams and track progress of multiple projects
- Player/coach mentality with willingness to "roll up your sleeves" and get the job done while driving others
- Creative thinker who questions status quo and remains comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Ability to run and manage highly complicated quantitative analysis in a defect-free manner using Microsoft Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly, both verbally and in writing using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Experience demonstrating advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Finance, Accounting or related field - Preferred
- Master's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Business - Preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience at a leading management consulting firm - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.