Procurement CoE Capability Development Supervisor
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Facility: UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
- Job ID: 221061
- Zip Code: 30328
- Street Address: 55 GLENLAKE PARKWAY
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Procurement CoE Capability Development Supervisor
- Atlanta, Georgia
The Capability Development Supervisor is responsible for delivering training projects; determining the scope, cost, and timeline of Procurement Center of Excellence projects; and supporting Procurement strategy. He/She supports program development to ensure learning is developed in line with program scope and deliverables. This position supervises and develops others (e.g. interns, specialists, etc.) to maintain quality control and ensure customers’ expectations are met. He/She collaborates with cross-functional groups and management levels to accomplish project goals.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Possesses ability to generate reports using basic functions in software, including basic programming
- Creates meaningful presentations to define and support Procurement strategy
- Performs moderate data analysis
- Coordinates workshops or train-the-trainer classes to disseminate facilitators’ materials and coordinate logistics for successful deployment
- Provides on-going support and maintenance for training programs to remain in adherence with regulatory and compliance changes
- Reviews training solutions to verify identified performance objectives for the Procurement department
- Supervises others and provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance
Knowledge and Skills
- Identifies current and future needs of the customer or business; understands how business needs dictate the projects requirements, project direction, business objectives, and resource allocation; makes recommendations on the solutions-design phase of the project
- Uses the enterprise strategy to identify the key indicators of performance for individuals, departments, and/or groups; creates measures relevant to desired results; recommends methods for measurement (e.g. surveys, focus groups, observations, metrics, etc.)
- Analyzes various sources of information to assess need and determine appropriate intervention(s); identifies scope of intervention and creates blended learning solutions; designs and deploys product testing; identifies and designs appropriate evaluation tools to measure training effectiveness provides suggestions toward updating and improving content
- Identifies cultural issues that may impact business needs or customer solutions; applies cultural sensitivity when interacting with others outside one’s own geography; leverages cultural awareness to address challenges when operating across different geographical areas; stays current on global and cultural trends
- Develops project management plans and leads the implementation for moderately complex and medium duration projects as well as basic programs; defines most of the initiatives project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; develops recommendations on best way to fulfill the project requirements given the current project and organizational dynamics; overcomes basic organizational resistance to cross-functional demands; demonstrates ability to successfully apply the project management discipline and remains current on project management practices and tools
- Describes the general impact of requirements, problems, or inefficiencies on other parts of the operation or processes; conducts basic analyses and identifies issues impacting the accuracy of data analysis
- Availability to travel
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.