Pricing SpecialistUPS CORPORATE OFFICES Primary Location: 55 GLENLAKE PARKWAY , ATLANTA, GA - United States, 30328 Facility UPS CORPORATE OFFICES Job ID 238393
The Revenue Management Pricing Specialist provides support with appeals and pricing requests not within the authority levels of sales resources. He/She reviews appeals for accuracy. This position prepares the bid for approval through the bid analysis utilizing revenue management tools.
The Revenue Management Pricing Specialist will analyze request data with Pricing and Revenue Management tools to determine if results are within UPS’s approval guidelines. He/She addresses pricing-related questions to provide supplemental information requested by Sales after initial proposal. This position also engages other pricing groups to address price RFQs that include multiple geographies, products, services, and/or business units to ensure the most complete and accurate information.
- Develops proposals and forwards to Sales and other Pricing groups to facilitate fulfillment of customer requests.
- Understands how bids compare to market rates and competitive situations and reviews costs associated with bids to ensure appropriate profitability guidelines.
- Works with contract and legal departments to confirm pricing details on contracts and agreements to ensure accuracy and compliance to policies.
- Works with basic direction from analyst and completes necessary analysis to support approval.
- Obtains knowledge of pricing systems and tools to accurately track proposals through cycle.
- Works with appropriate internal systems to ensure timely and accurate pricing implementation.
- Works with Sales to verify correct implementation of accepted proposals.
- Follows up on outstanding proposals to determine the status of bids and update appropriate reporting system.
- Reviews customer accepted pricing proposals to ensure contract integrity.
- Forwards any modified contracts by customers to manager for review to ensure contract is still compliant.
- Applies Information Analysis & Solution Generation Knowledge: Familiar with primary information sources relevant to assigned area; utilizes computer-based analytical and information management tools in order to perform routine analysis; documents approach and findings; reviews results with others as appropriate.
- Applies Pricing Knowledge: Understands the various pricing processes for small to large customers and when they are utilized (e.g., template, AE custom; freight forwarding one day quotes, quick quotes and RFP – simple and complex); understands how to complete rate comparisons between competitors.
- Applies Problem Definition & Structuring Knowledge: Identifies key factors behind basic problems and establish a path to solve them; proposes approaches to solve more complicated problems; investigates and diagnoses anomalies in routine business results.
- Finance Knowledge: Demonstrates an understanding of basic financial terminology and concepts such as cash flows, operating profit/loss, and net income; conducts financial analyses.
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) – Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) – Business, Economics, Finance, or related field – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.