Power BI Intelligence Developer
- Full Time
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Travel: No
- Facility: UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
- Job ID: 197151
- Zip Code: 30328
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Power BI Intelligence Developer
- Full Time
- Atlanta, Georgia
UPS, a Fortune 50 company is seeking a Senior Business Intelligence Web Developer for its Corporate Business Intelligence department. He/She will architect and design web applications, as well as database development to provide UPS with information to help guide corporate strategies. The (BIA) Programmer Analyst will directly communicate with the business sponsor to define requirements and ensure business objectives are being met. He/She will accomplish this via rapid development of web applications using .NET and SQL Server with heavy Java script in which the developer performs work in all areas of the project life cycle for multiple applications or projects. This position provides internal UPSers access to secure, consistent, objective views of business results and the critical internal and external factors which drive performance for their assigned project(s).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Analyzes, comprehends, and applies the appropriate level of details, based on the stage of the project life cycle, to ensure mapped solutions satisfy business problems and opportunities
- Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents moderate to highly complex programs to ensure optimal performance and compliance
- Performs development of highly complex queries, stored procedures and views using SQL as well as ETL processes
- Applies best practices for performance tuning, query optimization and modular coding techniques to improve efficiencies in production and user experience
- Performs applications maintenance and support functions to support problem resolution
- Performs assigned functions and tasks to meet project plan and quality review requirements
Knowledge and Skills
- Applies Information Analysis & Solution Generation Knowledge: Identifies key information sources, assesses information quality, and understands and communicates limitations; relates and compares information from different sources; manages large amounts of data and appropriately applies data reduction and exploratory analysis techniques; makes logical assumptions; challenges own findings and documents process and outcomes; audits own analyses and determines their validity
- Applies Information Systems Knowledge: Demonstrates an understanding of the strategy, structures, processes and procedures of the enterprise in its relationship with the business and its activities; identifies business representatives affected by information systems with some assistance
- Designs/Develops Applications Solutions: Independently performs duties associated with the full software life-cycle, both interface and database systems; gathers input from multiple sources with some guidance; performs analyses, designs, codes, tests, and documents moderate to highly complex applications software
- Applies Database Knowledge: Demonstrates basic knowledge of database design principles; identifies users’ requirements and needs with guidance from others; demonstrates a basic understanding of the importance of maintaining and updating databases
- Applies Disaster Recovery Knowledge: Demonstrates basic knowledge of theories supporting disaster recovery planning; demonstrates understanding of continuance plan for own application or function; executes existing disaster recovery plans in case of outage; escalates issues if critical applications are at risk
- Applies Internal Systems Knowledge: Understands UPS products, services, and internal systems: asks appropriate questions to gain clear understanding of system issues; documents and clearly communicate system issues to appropriate groups (e.g. Information Services, User Reps, TSG, system users, etc.)
- Business Process Improvement: Analyzes business processes; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility, and recommends new approaches, typically seeking to exploit technology components. Evaluates the financial, cultural, technological, organizational and environmental factors which must be addressed in the change program
- Knowledge of Emerging Technology: Assists with application of new technologies for solving business information needs. Supports new technologies. Maintains basic understanding of potential risks and rewards with emerging technologies
- Problem Management: Assists with the implementation of agreed upon problem remedies and preventative measures
- Project Planning: Demonstrates an understanding of basic project planning processes, including planning action items and resources
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.