- Atlanta, Georgia
- Facility: UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
- Job ID: 257843
- Zip Code: 30328
- Street Address: 55 GLENLAKE PARKWAY
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
- Atlanta, Georgia
The Portfolio Manager - Canada Pensions is responsible for all facets of day-to-day portfolio management and monitoring for the Canada Retirement and Pension Plans. He/She implements approved investment strategies, policies, and regulations specific to each asset class (e.g., equity, fixed income, real estate, etc.) with an objective of minimizing funded status volatility and improving the funded status of Canadian pension plans. This position manages investment selection, conducts due diligence, manages the contract negotiation process, monitors existing investments and investment managers. He/She develops and manages relationships with stakeholders (e.g., external investment managers, industry peers, academia, etc.).
The Portfolio Manager monitors and reports on investment portfolio performance. He/She ensures compliance with investment policy, financial reporting, legal and regulatory requirements. This position manages others within the department. The Portfolio Manager acts independently to acquire and maintain the requisite skills, market knowledge and industry contacts to effectively manage the investment portfolios consistent with investment policy guidelines.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborates with Compliance and Operations Director to develop and maintain a comprehensive Compliance Program for the portfolios to ensure the Plans meet legal, regulatory, and financial reporting requirements
- Conducts initial screening of potential investment opportunities to develop a short list of high performing managers and investments for further consideration
- Negotiates business terms subject to Investment Committee approval to minimize legal, regulatory, and economic risk exposure to the plans
- Manages the closing process for investment related agreements to ensure timely closing and to minimize legal costs
- Evaluates and recommends appropriate benchmarks to provide relative performance measurements
- Maintains a dialogue with industry and investor peers to develop insights, cultivate new manager relationships, and identify best practices
- Reviews financial statements and other reports to highlight concerns, ensure effective manager controls and monitor the financial condition of investments
- Reviews and analyzes performance reports to highlight areas of over- and under-performance and to conduct in-depth analysis.
- Manages resources and people processes (e.g., MTC, Career Development, Training, Staffing, etc.) to ensure the day-to-day administration of processes and formal procedures
Knowledge and Skills
- Conducts Environmental Scanning: Identifies and monitors the material environmental indicators impacting UPS’s business; clearly articulates the implications associated with key environmental trends; develops and utilizes scenario-based analyses to establish plans and to develop contingency plans
- Conducts Research: Designs standard research studies (i.e., descriptive) that collect information on the immediate business problem and related problems; identifies appropriate research methodology to use during research; develops standard research tools and materials designed to gather data (e.g., interviews, focus groups, etc.); integrates, interprets, and summarizes information from various sources; identifies relationships within the data; draws conclusions based on multiple, relevant data sources
- Finance Knowledge: Applies advanced financial analysis techniques to draw conclusions from financial data; understands and evaluates implications of alternatives; makes decisions on an appropriate course of action
- Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Knowledge: Applies knowledge of agencies' functions and regulations to compliance and enforcement activities; identifies routine situations where the organization may be out of compliance as well as the specific impacts of non-compliance
- Negotiation: Uses multiple strategies to persuade others; identifies and removes barriers to agreements; wins concessions effectively; provides input into future negotiation processes or strategies
- Risk Management: Prioritizes complex, material, and/or multi-functional risks to the enterprise; coordinates and provides governance over risk treatments; develops business continuity plans to improve preparedness and response capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree - Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Investments, Economics, Accounting or related field - Preferred
- Master’s Degree - Preferred
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Certification - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.