Plant Engineering Systems Design InternUPS CORPORATE OFFICES Primary Location: ATLANTA, GA - United States Facility UPS CORPORATE OFFICES Job ID 192896 Zip Code 30328
UPS is seeking an energetic and dynamic Intern to join our Plant Engineering team during the upcoming semester. If you're looking for an exciting opportunity to gain real-world, hands-on business experience, we want to hear from you!
The Plant Engineering Systems Design Intern contributes to the improvement of UPS’s Corporate Plant Engineering and Systems Design strategies and projects. The ideal candidate will demonstrate advanced drafting skills, with competence using AutoDesk software. He/She will have skills in AutoCAD, Inventor, and Navisworks Manage with Factory Design utilities. The Plant Engineering Systems Design Intern will also develop 3D assets with parametric features for our Standards Library, edit existing 2D and 3D drawings, and develop new 3D designs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops and maintains conveyor component assets using 3D software
- Develops or edits conveyor designs using 3D assets
- Collaborates with multiple engineering disciplines
- Maintains and meets project schedules
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient with AutoDesk or SolidWorks 3D Software
- Detail oriented with the ability to distinguish between “big picture” concepts and detailed facts, while ensuring tasks are completed accurately and with appropriate level of detail to impact end goals
- Project management experience with the ability to develop project plans and manage the project to completion utilizing Microsoft Project or Excel
- Excellent written and oral communications, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Virtual Reality usage with 3D models
- Rising college Junior or Senior, or recent graduate within the last 24 months with a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.