Pension Summer Intern
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Facility: UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
- Job ID: 209645
- Zip Code: 30328
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Pension Summer Intern
- Atlanta, Georgia
The Corporate Finance & Accounting (F&A) Department is seeking qualified undergraduate and graduate students for our 2020 summer internship program. The UPS Internship program is designed to immerse interns in the corporate culture and expose them to interactions with management. Interns participate in business meetings and deliver presentations to senior management. If you're looking for an exciting internship with competitive pay, valuable networking opportunities in our corporate office, and meaningful evaluations and feedback, we want to hear from you!
Internship opportunities are available in the following F&A departments:
- Global Accounting Center (GAC)
- Evaluates and implements statutory fixed asset sub-ledgers for our international locations
- Identifies locations where the statutory fixed asset guidelines differ from US GAAP, document the specific differences, and coordinate the setup of the assets into the fixed asset sub-ledger
- Builds necessary desk level procedures and training resources to ensure an effective FA implementation
- Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Manages the conception, positioning, pricing, promotion, distribution, and after-sale relationship of products and services to meet customer needs, establish competitive advantage, and build customer loyalty
- Executes marketing strategies among business units and geographies
- Risk Management
- Manages UPS Global Insurance programs (e.g. Property/Marine Cargo, Worker’s Compensation, Auto and General Liability, Aviation, Specialty Risk Programs, etc.)
- Develops and administers administration of other programs with the overarching goal of optimizing risk transfer and reducing UPS long term cost of risk
- Establishes, manages, and determines the tax strategies for UPS worldwide
- Assists with UPS’s overall U.S. corporate income taxes (federal, state, and local), partnerships, trusts, and certain miscellaneous excise tax filings
- Reviews benefit plan documents and establishes UPS policy as needed from a tax perspective
- Assists with operational funding and optimizing the short-term working capital investment portfolio
- Manages financial risks for foreign exchange, energy, and interest rates
- Creates effective banking structures and cultivates strategic banking relationships
- Corporate Financial Reports and Plans (FR&P)
- Manages components from Corporate Accounting, External Reporting, Reporting & Consolidations, Corporate Planning, and Financial Information Systems (FIS)
- Assists with a variety of challenges in different F&A areas, including accounting, financial analysis, reporting and planning
- US Domestic Finance
- Supports one or more of the following areas: cost planning, revenue management, and payroll overtime
- Assists corporate management team with financial issues pertaining to reporting, monitoring costs, reviewing production, payroll, etc.
- Researches and interprets financial data to provide information to management
Knowledge and Skills
- Rising college junior or senior, or recent graduate within the last 24 months
- Experience with Microsoft Office products or equivalent software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Detail-oriented with effective time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.