PE Sustainability Intern - Fall 2019UPS CORPORATE OFFICES Primary Location: ATLANTA, GA - United States Facility UPS CORPORATE OFFICES Job ID 181716 Zip Code 30328
UPS is seeking an energetic and dynamic intern to join our Plant Engineering team, during the upcoming semester. If this sounds like your ideal opportunity, we want to hear from you!
The Plant Engineering Sustainability Intern will contribute to the improvement of UPS’s Corporate Plant Engineering, and sustainability strategies and projects. He/She will assist with improving and streamlining data collection for corporate sustainability reporting process. In addition, the PE Sustainability intern will be responsible for developing energy, water and waste reduction programs. He/She will update internal processes, manuals and training materials related to compliance with EPA environmental compliance and DOT regulated goods regulations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Data analysis
- Investigative research
Knowledge and Skills
- Detail oriented with ability to distinguish between “big picture” concepts and detailed facts, while ensuring tasks are completed accurately and with appropriate level of detail to impact end goals
- Project management experience with ability to develop project plans and lead implementation throughout life cycle with limited coordination and resources and cross-functional demands, while utilizing project management tools and technology (e.g., Microsoft Project, Program Management Group website, etc.) appropriately
- Excellent written and oral communications, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Current college junior or senior, or recent graduate within the last 24 months, majoring in Engineering or Environmental Studies - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.