Marketing Research ManagerUPS CORPORATE OFFICES Primary Location: 55 GLENLAKE PARKWAY , ATLANTA, GA - United States, 30328 Facility UPS CORPORATE OFFICES Job ID 234821
The Marketing Research Manager determines and recommends the appropriate method of research to investigate specific business issues or problems. He/She designs research studies to collect customer information for use in the identification and analysis of customer solutions. This position consults with internal subject matter experts and third-party research vendors to assist in identifying the best approach to solving business issues. The Marketing Research Manager determines and collects the relevant data required to perform analyses and is also responsible for summarizing and communicating the results of the analyses to key stakeholders throughout the organization. This position oversees supervisors.
The Marketing Research Manager meets with key stakeholders to discuss business issues and research objectives. He/She develops project scope documents to identify research methodology. This position manages project lifecycles, including project scope, resources, schedule, initiation, start-up/design, building, and deployment to see projects from beginning-to-end. The Marketing Research Manager meets with senior management to review projects and gain support, commitment, and approval. He/She responds to requests for analysis of research data or other quantitative analysis to inform business issues.
- Writes Requests for Proposals (RFPs) to facilitate vendors’ understanding of UPS’s expected project deliverables.
- Oversees work with internal and external UPS stakeholders and suppliers to ensure successful execution of projects.
- Balances multiple projects and deployment schedules to meet stakeholder goals and expectations.
- Identifies individual and team skill gaps and developmental opportunities (e.g., training, special assignments, conferences, projects, etc.) to facilitate individual and team development.
- Coaches others and provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Performs analyses and draws linkages between projects to strengthen UPS’s awareness of current market conditions.
- Reviews research findings and implications that impact multiple departments to develop a compelling case for enterprise-wide improvement.
- Consults w/ other subject matter experts to gain additional insights and knowledge on research trends.
- Applies Information Analysis & Solution Generation Knowledge: Synthesizes information and facts to draw supported conclusions and insights; demonstrates logic, rationality, and objectivity in drawing conclusions, defining solution options and decision making.
- Applies Problem Definition & Structuring Knowledge: Adept at thoroughly defining problems and structuring analytical paths to solving them; disaggregates problems into key issues to efficiently solve them; selects efficient analytical approaches that fit the situation.
- Applies Service, Product, and Customer Technology Knowledge: Demonstrates a basic understanding of products, services, and customer facing technology solutions offered by UPS along with their features and business applications; describes general customer profiles targeted by the company.
- Develops and Manages Marketing Research: Clearly defines research objectives and key questions; designs research projects using common qualitative and quantitative marketing research methods; applies essential research design principles (pretesting, upfront analysis planning, and creating rational and achievable project plans); differentiates between strong and weak insights and acts accordingly; interprets and uses research results objectively.
- Project Management: Develops project management plans and leads the implementation for basic projects of short duration requiring limited coordination and resources; supports initiatives with well-defined project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; manages minimal organizational resistance to cross-functional project demands; employs project management tools and technology (e.g., Microsoft Project, Program Management Group website, etc.) appropriately.
- Project Planning: Develops and executes project management plans for basic projects of short duration requiring limited coordination and resources; supports initiatives with well-defined project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; manages minimal organizational resistance to cross-functional project demands; employs project management tools and technology (e.g., Microsoft Project, Program Management Group website, etc.) appropriately.
- Statistical Analysis: Demonstrates extensive knowledge of statistical sampling, tests, and analyses and chooses the most appropriate method; demonstrates extensive knowledge of multivariate and generalized linear models and time series models; demonstrates an ability to interpret results and draw conclusions from analyses; troubleshoots errors in data, models, and interpretation; creates processes for improving the integrity of existing data.
- Master’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) – Marketing, Marketing Research, or related field – Preferred
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Preferred
- Client-facing, marketing research management experience at a research vendor or client side marketing research department – Preferred
- Experience supervising others – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.